Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BPW skills coaching
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Posted this a while ago but nobody appeared to have tried them so thought id try again ….Has anyone tried the skills coaching at Bike Park Wales? Which course did you do? Was it worth it? The coaches good?

djflexure

Had a private session with my son couple of days before Christmas and it was very good. Previously been to Jedi, Big Bear Active at Dalby and Ed Oxley. I’m 48, solid sort of rider, most at home on reds; can do drop offs of 4ft or so, not much good on gaps. I don’t get out that much on mtb these days, have to be content with riding roads where I live. My son is 15, again does not ride that much but does other sports to high standard and has a bit of talent on the bike (must get it from his mum).

Griff (the coach) is a young lad who definitely has a plan to teach you how to ride. He does a bit of videoing (like Jedi) to help with feedback. I found him enthusiastic and we got through more than I expected in the morning. Pumping, cornering, drop offs, jumps. He broke everything down very well and was definitely able to improve both of us.

I booked it to help my son gain confidence as he had not done anything like BPW before. Worked a treat. By the afternoon he was flying, very fast down all the reds on his HT, with me trying to keep up on my FS (he is very fit though).

So it all had the desired affect for us and I would recommend.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply… which course was it you tried?

djflexure

It was private for just the two of us.

ThePilot
    Free Member

To answer your questions
    Yes
    Private
    No
    No

There’s a thread on here, started a few weeks ago, with loads of info/opinions on BPW coaching. Don’t know if you can find it?
    All I’d add to the above, is whatever you think of the coaches and/or coaching, of the course itself, you can’t get away from the (IMO) fact that BPW does not work well as a coaching destination. There is a load of faffing about, waiting for the bus, loading the bikes on to the trailer, taking the bus, waiting for other people to set off on the trails before you do… and so on, all eating in to your coaching time.
    Still, some people like it. Me, I’d go elsewhere.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BPW skills coaching’ is closed to new replies.