Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • BPW coaching
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I’ve already booked on the easier of the jumping coaching sessions this month but was interested in experiences of others who have previously attended. I’ve been riding for a long time and consider myself averagely experienced/capable but I cannot jump for toffee so hopefully this is the start of some progression or possibly more time spent at A&E.

Kamakazie

Be interested to get your feedback. I’m in the same boat.
    Confident & capable at most obstacles (including drop offs & shallow take offs) but steeper doubles & tabletops really throw me.

hooli

I would be interested in feedback too, I like the idea that they coach you in the morning and you get the afternoon to practice what you have learned.

joebristol

Also interested in doing this – just need to suss out glasses compatibility with my full face helmet.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I took the drops course back last winter – it’s very good, things are kept fairly simple and we all improved massively. Not everyone was sending massive blind gas-to-flat type stuff by the end, but everyone left better than they came.

I would say it’s really worth trying to get an morning session. Courses come with a full uplift ticket and I think it works best if you train in the morning and then practice solo in the afternoon, you’ll spend the course doing short runs of a single obstacle or two, I found it really beneficial to translate that into proper runs in the afternoon, some of my classmates went to the cafe after the course and then went home, seemed like a wasted opportunity to me.

zilog6128

Are the sessions on the normal trails or are there “private” trails for coaching? Sure there was a thread here recently with mixed reviews, location is convenient for me though

P-Jay
    Free Member

zilog6128 – Member

Are the sessions on the normal trails or are there “private” trails for coaching? Sure there was a thread here recently with mixed reviews, location is convenient for me though

Drops course is held on ‘Wibbly Wobbly’ near the top. We saw maybe 2 groups of riders pass us, it wasn’t a problem, although that was a Friday in Feb.

It’s a plus and a minus really – I completed a Jumps and Drops course in Llandelga years ago, they coach on a ‘private’ section, obviously it’s quieter, but it was also very sanitized, a very simple jump and drops were off a gang plank to they could raise the height of it – gave a very artificial feel. fine for learning technique, but not so great for building confidence as when we moved onto ‘real’ trials with roots, rocks and loose surfaces it felt alien again.

Gunz
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ll feed back when I’ve done it (19 Aug).

milky1980
    Free Member

Another one interested in your feedback on this. Used to be able to jump with no problems but two big crashes and a few years with illness have destroyed my confidence. Weighing up the pros and cons of a full 1-1 day with Jedi or a few smaller courses locally to build my skillset back up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘BPW coaching’ is closed to new replies.