Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BPW accommodation for 6
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a place near BPW for 6? Bunk barn or similar. Doesn’t have to be next door.

gonzy
    Free Member

travelodge in Merthyr Tydfil is the place to book. you’d only need 2 rooms between you which roughly works out to about £15 per head for the night. they let you take your bikes in too so long as theyre not covered in shit

teethgrinder

I asked this a few weeks ago. Ended up booking the Travelodge…£98 for 2 nights between two of us.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gonzy
    Free Member

£98?? i’m surprised by this
    my mates were there again last week. it cost them about £15 per person. i think if you book in advance its cheaper but the closer to the date you book the more they charge…a bit like airline companies
    having said that they stayed only on a sunday night so that could also be a factor

zilog6128

i think if you book in advance its cheaper

No, they used to do this (much cheaper rooms if you booked a month in advance, which was great as you have to book BPW uplift that far in advance anyway really) but not for a while now. Price of the rooms changes based on the day & possibly time of year. Cost me £33 for a Thursday (OK) and £54 for a Friday (less OK!) even booking 6 weeks in advance.

aether531
    Free Member

Just got back yesterday. A Travelodge triple room was £66 per night (bit cosy!). We took our bikes in the room no questions asked. The retail park has lots of food places and a pub and it’s a couple of minutes from BPW.

mindmap3
    Free Member

We stayed here…

http://www.thebunkbarn.com/bunkbarn.htm

Not too far from BPW, cheap and has a good pub a short walk away.

gonzy
    Free Member

No, they used to do this (much cheaper rooms if you booked a month in advance, which was great as you have to book BPW uplift that far in advance anyway really) but not for a while now. Price of the rooms changes based on the day & possibly time of year. Cost me £33 for a Thursday (OK) and £54 for a Friday (less OK!) even booking 6 weeks in advance.

you could have a fair point there but from experience i was last there at the end of march. i originally had booked the uplift but then had to cancel it and my space in the room went to someone else. i then managed to make myself available but had to pay on the day but i still needed accommodation which i booked less than a week in advance. it cost me £45 to stay there on a sunday night. i booked the room as a triple so it worked out at £15 each

danposs86

I have stayed here:

https://www.stayinwales.co.uk/detail.cfm?i=8407

And here:

http://www.nightingalesholidaylet.com/

If there is a group of you it works out at good value if you are there for a couple of nights.

teethgrinder

When the uplifts were booked it was £86 for the room, but by the time my mate got around to booking 3 days later it was up to £98.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BPW accommodation for 6’ is closed to new replies.