Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • BPW 29th jan ?
  • weeksy

Anyone fancy some bike park Wales fun ?

Hoping to get a few mates going but the uptake is very low… As we all know, it’s far more fun with people to talk to 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Hopefully going in April, welcome to talk to me then 🙂

weeksy

let me know when you’re booking mate… i’ll be more than happy to come play.

rOcKeTdOg

will do

chiefgrooveguru

You can talk to other riders too! Or have I been breaching uplift etiquette by chatting with randoms?

GolfChick
    Free Member

Really wanna get another bike park wales day booked up but no idea who I’ll end up riding with this time! May have to do a ‘come ride bikes with me’ post eventually!

cokie

Oh, I might book that.
    Just spotted there’s uplift spaces and I’ve had to take a days flexi.
    Edit: Just remembered, you’re just down the road from me!

weeksy

Cokie I’ve got Thule space if it would help mate ? Got 1 mate likely to book up too now, but 3 bike trailer so still 1 space which will save fuel and bridge costs.

Chief, I’m aware and usually do speak to people of course… but it’s nice to have a few people going both for the drive down and drive home etc.

I’ve booked and paid now BTW.

rOcKeTdOg

GolfChick – Member
    Really wanna get another bike park wales day booked up but no idea who I’ll end up riding with this time! May have to do a ‘come ride bikes with me’ post eventually!

hopefully be there 2nd week of easter hols, email in profile. will be a few of us & you can talk to us all, for no extra fee!

cokie

Cokie I’ve got Thule space if it would help mate ? Got 1 mate likely to book up too now, but 3 bike trailer so still 1 space which will save fuel and bridge costs.

Thanks for the offer! Are you going just for the day?

weeksy

Yep. Leave mine about 6.30-45 get there for 8.45-9 and get on with it. Be home for 6.30 or so

weeksy

any more for any more ?

weeksy

Bing bong

takisawa2

Small group of us booked in for 5th March.
    More than welcome to join us.
    Think Last of the Summer Wine rather than Kranked.

weeksy

Sounds like my kind of group, but already booked now

lerk
    Free Member

That’s my birthday and I’m not at work, but I’ve only just started riding after three months of whooping cough and haven’t even touched the five yet so although an uplift day sounds good from a fitness PoV, I’d likely require an ambulance due to rusty skills…

weeksy

If you ride behind me I actually think it may be impossible to crash going slower than me!

weeksy

Still going 🙂

cokie

Weeksy- did you get my email? I got an out of office back..

boobs

Hi Weeksy, I’m pretty sure you are close to Reading (or used to be) I’ll come along if that’s ok, just checking availability.

weeksy

I’m not far mate no. Currently in Reading at the office, but live just north of Newbury, just off A34

weeksy

Well that didn’t quite go to plan.

Did several runs in the rain, all good. Back to the top again and there’s a path that transitions to the trail, about 500 of a narrow mostly flat man made trail, cruising along and hit what seems to be a soft edge, the front slid, I went down hard. Left arm f%$%$d, right shoulder f£$$£%d and I’ve got a lovely hole in my elbow.

Break in the left arm radius bone… oh joy.. What a pain..

Bike ended up with a bent mech hanger, which I’ve now replaced.. and a sticky dropped post caused by grub screw/dirt..

Until then I was really enjoying it. Was a top laugh with Boobs and Sofabear, really enjoyed playing with and chasing them 🙂
    I also owe both of them a beer as they looked after me and sorted me out…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Nasty, hope you heal quick.

I’ve got a lovely hole in my elbow.

Break in the left arm radius bone

What pads were you wearing? I don’t want a set of whatever they were. The break possibly couldn’t be stopped but that gash in your elbow?

weeksy

I had a short sleeved 661 pressure top, so no elbow stuff 🙁

hindsight… wonderful thing

rOcKeTdOg

Not what you want to hear, but the NWAlpsCC boys will be there 30/3/16 & we’ll talk to anyone 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

ouch Weeksy. sounds painful/ hope you heal well.
    planning on going there in early March if the wife lets me! 😯

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I was reading this with interest as I was there doing the uplift on the 29th too. I wasn’t expecting that outcome!
    Sorry to hear you broke yourself Weeksy, I hope you heal up and are back on the bike before you know it.

boobs

Blame the wind,
    it was a little gusty at the top.
    I loved the sympathy from Weeksy’s wife when we got back!

Oh yes, there wasn’t any 🙂

sofabear
    Free Member

Heal quickly ye fecker, I’m desperate to go back! 😀

You don’t owe us anything mate. In fact I still on you petrol money (which I shall sort out tonight). 🙂

maxtorque

Ouch, get well soon mate!

Amazing how often it’s the easy bits that catch you out, especially when you let your guard down for a split second and relax 😥

weeksy

Did my first training ride today, only 20km or so on the road, but not bad after 2 weeks since the break. movement and strength isn’t too bad all round now… I’m reasonably happy with how it’s all going.

Done a couple of turbo rides but nothing too taxing.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘BPW 29th jan ?’ is closed to new replies.