Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Boz Scaggs
  • Anna-B
    Free Member

Heard a track of his a couple of weeks ago and thought it was lovely; I thought it was John Martyn – such a similar voice. Then heard another last week, so now want to buy an album. Any recommendations of which one to go for first?

grynch
    Free Member

silk degrees

mt
    Free Member

How about My Time, it’s a sort of greatest hits thing but it is old. There could be an updated GH album now. I found some of his early stuff good especially when he worked with Steve Miller. Am giving the age away now though.

Anna-B
    Free Member

mt, you weren’t giving your age away, but you just did at the end!
    Thanks for the suggestions.

mt
    Free Member

Oops, I read that you like John Martyn. Did you see the documentry on BBC 3(?) about three weeks ago. Interviews and old footage, a good portion filmed just before and after his leg got the chop. It was pretty good but a bit sad, though he seemed happy enough about what he had done (in life). The stuff they had from the Old Grey Whistle test really reminded me of how brilliant he was and how good Phil Collins was. Why did I get ride of all thoes lps.

sharki
    Free Member

I haven’t a clue, but i do like shortbread 😉

Anna-B
    Free Member

mt, I do like JM but didn’t see the documentary cos I don’t have a TV. It’s the kind of thing I would have watched though. I’m glad I saw him play a few years ago. I know several people who wish they hadn’t got rid of their vinyl….. and was just in a vintage clothes shop where they were selling Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders from Mars for £7.50!!

I haven’t a clue

you said it cake boy! 😉 x

mt
    Free Member

£7.50 for ziggy, that cost about £2.50 and I thought that was a rip off, mind you it was Bowie so money did not matter. Getting on for 35 years ago now….pass me zimmer frame.
    Well done on the no TV thing don’t watch it much myself but could still do with getting it out of the house, it’s just to easy to sit there watching crap.

Stranger
    Free Member

I think you’ll find the zimmer has my name on it – give it back!
    Another vote here for Silk Degrees.

patentlywill
    Free Member

ditto Silk Degrees- aah sweet memories – tho I thought John Martyn was a bit more left field!

“What Can I Say”
    “Georgia”
    “Jump Street”
    “What Do You Want the Girl to Do”
    “Harbor Lights”
    “Lowdown”
    “It’s Over”
    “Love Me Tomorrow”
    “Lido Shuffle”
    “We’re All Alone”

Anna-B
    Free Member

I’ll get Silk Degrees then! Boz Scaggs the name sounds like he’s a drum ‘n’ bass US yoof.
    Didn’t realise Ziggy S & TSFM was 35 years old…. older than me, and it’s one of my favourite albums.
    Some music really is ageless.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Boz Scaggs’ is closed to new replies.