Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Boys Mountain Bike
  • steveindevon
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the boys mountain bike Falcon, Zombie is like?

steveindevon
    Free Member

Any comments on a Dawes Junior Bandit?

TiRed

Read the specs:
    Not too heavy (good)
    Alloy frame (good)
    Unnecessary bouncy fork (bad but the norm)
    V brakes – check the levers are metal and adjustable
    Gripshift – I prefer rapidfire, but kids find this easier (“forward to go faster”)
    Standard headset (neutral really as you won’t be changing the forks)

For £200, it offers similar ability to the more expensive Trek/Kona/Specialized offerings. Won’t hold as much value as an Islabike. But it’s a good bike that you can easily throw round a trail centre.

I’d buy it over the Zombie, which has a steel (read Lead) frame, but you may do well to look second hand for a Kona Hula, Trek MT220 or Specialized Hotrock. There really are no poor bikes once you go beyond the Steel framed, plastic levered, dross.

meehaja
    Free Member

for £200 also consider 2nd hand jump bikes. A bit more street cred, a bit more bomb proof and the kind of bike a lad can grow into?

steveindevon
    Free Member

thanks, I am looking a both these bikes secondhand at the moment. The Zombie is around £30, but would prefer the Dawes as seems like a better bike.

Looking to replace my sons steel frame and get another bike for my other son who is outgrown his 18″.

mikertroid
    Free Member

The Cuda range is brilliant, we got a superb 20″ bike for my youngest for Xmas. Far better value than an islabike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Boys Mountain Bike’ is closed to new replies.