• This topic has 55 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by kcr.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Boycott Nike?
  • Alcopop
    Free Member

couldn’t care less what Nike do
    if i like the look of something and the price is right im buying it
    actually theres a Nike Air Max 90 PRM Vintage Infrared getting re-released
    early next year and Nike’s continued support for drug cheats aint going to
    sway my purchase

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Boycott NIKE? I’ve never bought anything NIKE as I regard it as overpriced chavvy tat. Any product where the brand is prominently displayed is something to be avoided.

atlaz
    Free Member

If that NY Daily News article is true this could be a completely different issue. Sponsors paying off the UCI could finish Verbruggen and anyone else at the UCI at the time and hopefully force Nike into a change of policy regarding tainted athletes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On the one hand I generaly avoid anything branded

On the other hand my running shoes are Nike. On ballance I’d rather appear chavy and endorsing LA than wear howies and endoresing middle class guardian reading overpriced mediocrity.

piemonster

I said it the other day, but why now. Surely to be so certain of his guilt you didn’t need a dossier of written testimony

Oh deary me, what did you type.

jambalaya
    Free Member

There is no such thing as Corporate Greed, businesses are run by people

nealglover
    Free Member

And what if Nike were giving millions of dollars to international criminal gangs trading in sex slaves?
    It’s not like Nike are directly responsible, so it’s ok to let them carry on ‘funding’ it?

Correct.

If Nike were sponsoring Human Trafficking and Sex Slavery etc. I probably wouldn’t buy from them.

But.

They aren’t are they.

They are sponsoring a bloke who got caught Cheating at bike racing.

And to be honest, I couldn’t possibly care less about that if I really tried.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s ok, you can buy up Nike stuff again. U-TURN 🙄

soobalias
    Free Member

not a Nike fan anyhow.
    nor do i touch Starbucks

but if you are dodging starbucks for their corporate tax arrangements, gonna have to ditch Amazon and Google.

back to your home made organic yoghurt weaving then

lazybike
    Free Member

Every human being that has ever lived has lied and cheated. You can be upset by the scale of the Lance thing, but not the act of lying and cheating.

headfirst
    Free Member

It’s worked!!!

Or maybe it was the email i sent Nike last week about this…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19978608

piemonster

Wonder how his facebook comments are getting on

CountZero

Bin your iphones first. Seeing how they like to take money but not pay their proper share.

Eh?

kcr
    Free Member

Instead of boycotting Nike, what cycling needs is for people to stop idolising the cheats, and support the riders who are (to the best of our current knowledge) clean.
    Pantani was still successfully endorsing products long after it was obvious he was cheating, and he is not the only example of a dodgy rider who still remained popular enough to be a good investment for sponsors.
    How many other sports does this happen in? I can’t imagine many runners would have been keen on buying Ben Johnson trainers after he was busted. The fans are one of pro cycling’s biggest problems.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Boycott Nike?’ is closed to new replies.