Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Boy am I enjoying my biking at the moment, anyone else….
  • bellerophon
    Free Member

I was riding with my buddy Scott yesterday at kirroughtree and we both agreed that at the moment we’re both really enjoying our biking. We only ride once a week (monday evenings) and the odd saturday somewhere further afield. We’re putting it down to being consistently out week in, week out – oh and buying bits and pieces for our bikes. We’ve been fortunate with the weather this year despite it’s being a bit crap.. like yesterday we didn’t get put off by the forecast and I’m so glad we went, what a ride we had, despite me falling off a couple of times including one excursion when the saddle jabeed me in the ribs, still hurts now…..

anyway enough rambling here’s my slightly muddy bike…

MOD: Image removed due to malware

So come on let’s hear it for biking, who else is really enjoying themselves at the moment…?

meehaja
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden in ages. Went out for a local ride yesterday, just riding some cheeky trails straight from my house across Leeds. 20 miles later, I remember why I love biking so much, and that I’m a long way from home.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Rode gisburn this morning and tbh had a bit of a stinker. woke up with a hangover ( only myself to blame I know), stalled on a couple of climbs, fell off once and just didn’t have any “flow”all the way round. Still, at least those days are few and far between.

yunki
    Free Member

I sort of am but not..

I relocated to one of my most favourite riding destinations at the beginning of the year.. and injured my knee while moving house which severely curtailed the amount of riding that I could do for the following six months..

Still… no worries – favourite destination = massive grin..

Then work and family commitments meant very irregular riding over spring and summer = less fitness and consistancy to my riding.. now work is easing off for autumn/winter but everything on my bike is needing repairs or replacement asap and cashflow is a joke atm..

Still… no worries – favourite destination = sarcastic smile and a shrug 👿

cakefacesmallblock

I’ve managed to get out averagely twice a week since end of november. For the first time mtb’ing is the norm as opposed to the thing I did if not away doing other stuff – surfing and windsurfing mostly, although these still feature, just had to pull the horns in with regard spending loads on fuel etc. I’m lucky to have good mates to ride with, all of whom are riding much more again now and great local trails on the doorstep. I’m still not as quick as some of the younger guys, but my skill level is higher and I’m more likely to ride harder stuff. Ridden Monkey trail at Cannock a few times this year, The Beast at Brenin and given Mountain Mayhem a go.
    Feelin a lot fitter and still no where near the 51 years there are on the calandar.

xanboy
    Free Member

I hadn’t ridden in 2 months, personal issues had taken my will to do anything away.Then on Friday I went out with my son for 15 miles and that was one of the best rides I’d done all year.
    So today I went out and did 42 miles on the single speed and really enjoyed it, it was tough towards the end but it felt good to be out.
    So yeah I’m enjoying my riding now.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Martin prodded me on Friday and asked to go to AC again. Which we did and it was good, although I’m never feeling it first thing in the morning, things warmed up nicely on the second lap.

We swapped bikes, him on my ever so slightly squirrely Boardman, and me on his monster Kona 5-0. It’s a flipping tank downhill and I smacked it into the little rock garden in New Barn Wood flatting the rear. oops!

Then a gentle roll around the new trail in LW, just to check it out. Heck, loads of people have been riding it at speed, not just rolling around either. It looks a fine a blue graded trail though.

MTB in the South West is on a roll.

Coyote
    Free Member

Just back from a week in BC. Managed to get some quality time at Whistler and also on Fromme. Totally wrecked now but happy.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Glad to hear others are enjoying themselves.

Yunki et al, chin up hopefully it’ll come good

hugor
    Free Member

I’ve had a fantastic summer on my bike but alas it is sick now and not much fun to ride.
    Gears are completely trashed, there’s a big wobble/flex in the rear somewhere and it creaks constantly.
    I’m a mechanical idiot so I’m leaving it in the hands of my lbs.
    I’m fearing the worst.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, loving it. Been road riding on a daily basis (standard) and bought a new mtb frame which has meant I’ve been getting some off road miles in too.

ps44
    Free Member

Yep, had some really good riding going on for a while now, but had a crap ride today. Twatted my neck somehow last night and had a very uncomfortable hour riding when the sun came out this afternoon. Cut it short and went home. Better be fixed tomorrow as it looks like a good week of windsurfing coming up 8)

dans160
    Free Member

I had a brilliant time today, managed to get some digging done, helped some lad pump his tire up, nailed an old run but with some new tech additions, re-visited another older run that felt great and rode the big a-line about 5 times before the rain hit.

jools182
    Free Member

Xanboy

I have no idea how you can not ride for 2 months and then do over 40 miles on a single speed!

I must be doing something wrong. I ache after every ride

_tom_
    Free Member

Yes I am loving it at the minute, having the best summer of my life in Whistler! Something about being here makes you push your comfort zone a bit further, already been down some arse-buzzingly steep woodwork and rock rolls which I would’ve been terrified to do before riding here. and my jumping is getting back on form 🙂 Thing is, if/when I go home I probably won’t wanna ride there, seems so crap when you’ve ridden here 😆

frankey9
    Free Member

Yeah I’m enjoying my riding at the moment. Even more next week when I get my new bike thats been 5 years in the saving!!!

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Yes definately.

Got back into it this summer after probably 5yrs away from mountain biking- was out in the chilterns yesterday with a friend who’s just got a new cannondale and on friday I did a 16mile jaunt north from my house and got the train back (just) in time to meet the GF to walk to the pub 🙂

Trying to get my other bike (Ancient muddy fox) back together and in a good state to use over the winter so I dont trash my full suss.

timberjack
    Free Member

did a trailquest today, 4 hours of hell, got lost, fell off loads, schwalbe furious freds are NOT a mud tyre, some right miserable sods doing it too but it was mint 😀

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Yeah, I love cycling at this time of year most.

spacemonkey

Yep. Love it that bit more when I/we find a wicked new trail or two (as has happened on Winterfold/Pitch in the last couple of weeks.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh love it, even the shit, hard days are great. Rode 700 odd miles last month, mainly commuting, and loved every mile.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I would love to be rockin Trail, but I’m still recovering from my incident last week. Sutres came out last friday and I’m fairly gagging for it, although my arm is still leaking – Wednesday will be my first outing, assuming the swelling on my head is comfortable enough with a helmet on.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Had a long weekend in Exmoor with a friend. Great to explore some new stuff and not a single punc**re. Also, some lovely downhills.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I had a ride yesterday that had me questioning why I rode bikes. It was my own fault really though, thinking it’d be a good idea to ride a slack angled full sus with 9 gears and 2.4″ tyres up the longest continuous road climb in the UK.

yunki
    Free Member

scienceofficer – more pics now that the bruising has come out properly please… 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm..

I’m enjoying “offroad” and not really enjoying “onroad” for some reason I’m just taking one of the MTB’s out rather than the roadie.

I’ve found a real urge to ride in the local(ish) woods near me where once I’d ridden them to death and stopped going there, choosing the roadie, I’ve now a refound love for them all over again.

And Saturdays early morning ride was one of my all time fave rides of this year.. Everything just clicked, even my two broken fingers..

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup on a post-weekend ride high ATM 🙂

curlie467
    Free Member

Yesso! been going out at least 3 times a week until a couple of weeks back due to me getting a new job, didnt go out this weekend though as i felt like death but will be back out tonight in the rain, mud and with lights blazing!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Yunki – You Ghoul! 😉

I’ll see what I can do. Everyone else appears to have pictures of my face, but I broke my camera phone in the crash. I’ll see what I can do.

I look surprisingly normal now (as far as normal is, for me, anyhow…)- I’ve been surprised how quick this old geezer has healed.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I look surprisingly normal now

Good news. Got a new brain bucket yet?

DaRC_L

Been ill / injured most of the year – struggling to ride more than a couple of hours until August.
    Had a solid month of riding/commuting and am now feeling the benefits 😆 Excellent ride yesterday and got home just before the heavy rain hit.

DeeJay
    Free Member

2 trips to the Lakes in a week and Wales this weekend – biking is GREAT 😆

Garburn 4-9-11 by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I wouldnt do it if i didnt enjoy it!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Hi Buzz – New Brain bucket here and to be christened on wednesday, when, I imagine, I will be like this:

every time I see a rock.

lynchmob
    Free Member

Just got back from Saalbach in austria. was a bit nervous but it was fantastic. makes my local run in Llandegla feel like carpet. loving biking at the moment. as someone else put previous treat yourself to new bits now & again makes you want to ride more. if your in to downhilling i suggest you check out saalbach in austria. you wont be dissapointed. im even starting on the weights so i can benefit a bit more from my biking

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Yunki,

This is me 3 days after. I’d got through about 4 bags of frozen peas that day, and my eye was just beginning to open. What you can’t see here is that whole side of my face has blown out – Couldn’t wear sunglasses or wear a helmet! Previously, my eye blew to about the size of a cricket ball.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Hey great to hear people loving it, even though I’ve decided not to ride tonight as planned, due to my ribs still hurting I’m not down in the dumps about it – mind you I’ll be seeing my friend for coffee and to talk bollox about bikes 🙂

Looking forward to next week already…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yep, getting behind on the maintenance though 🙁

Spare wheel needs dishing to fit the pitch’s rear end

Rear tyre needs to be made tubeless again

Forks need the lowers toping up with oil

Reverb and brakes need bleeding

Rear shick is due an air can service

Chain needs waxing

Mech hanger needs tweaking

etc
    etc
    etc

hugor
    Free Member

Yep, getting behind on the maintenance though

Its hard to find the time to do all those things when there’s so much good riding to be had!
    The weather looks like its changed though so its time to play catch up.

chiefgrooveguru

Me too. A weekend in Wales, a XC race the next weekend and then a long weekend of southern singletrack satisfaction with four different groups of riders. Feel like my skills have stepped up quite a few notches in very little time. Keep eyeing up local features for drop potential… Bike could do with a clean.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Boy am I enjoying my biking at the moment, anyone else….’ is closed to new replies.