Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Boxxers on a Trek Remedy?
  • nickfry228
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’ve just replaced my Boxxers on the IH Sunday(I’ve put some luuurvely 40s on it!), and a mate of mine is wondering whether he could put them on his Trek Remedy?
    I’m not sure; anyone tried it?
    160mm to 200mm is quite a difference.
    Ta

Bagstard
    Free Member

You would invalidate your warrenty, it would ride like a barge, look terrible and encourage riding the frame was never designed for. Other than that it’s a terrible idea.

GW
    Free Member

He could!
    in axle to crown length it’ll only be around 15-20mm longer (as a dual crown fork like a boxxer’s lower crown is quite a bit shorter than a single crown). you could also lower the boxxer to 170-180 evening out the geometry.
    I wouldn’t do it tho.

I_Ache
    Free Member

He could put them on his Remedy. He could also snap off the head tube doing it, and that’s after he has totally buggered up the whole geometry and made it impossible to climb on.

honourablegeorge

Putting 160mm forks on the current remedy invalidates the warranty, never mind 200mm.

GW
    Free Member

oh.. and I’d also put the Boxxers back on the Sunday.

mikey74
    Free Member

When people are contemplating this kind of thing, it’s time to get a new bike/frame.

Boxxers on a Remedy is quite simply a ridiculous idea.

nickfry228
    Free Member

Thanks.

It’s basically what I thought…..not a good idea!

GW; The 40s are superb on the Sunday. I took it over to Austria in the summer, and the Boxxers were just a bit too flexxy. Since I’ve put the 40s on, it rides and feels fantastic and is nice and stiff up front (oo-er!).
    Personal preference I suppose 🙄

amedias
    Free Member

yes he could

whether he should…..that’s another matter.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Nah – they’d be ace travel adjusted on a Scratch or anything in the 160 to 180mm region if they’re travel adjusted (if I remember correct boxxer WC’s are lighter than a lot of the big travle single crowns out there…)

Just keep them for when you 40’s wear out.

jonk

They would slaken the head angle by a little bit making the steering slushy so.. if it were an everyday rider it wouldn’t be enjoyable. It wouldn’t snap the head tube though the remedy is a well built bike.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Not to sure about invalidating the warranty ,collected my rebuilt 2008 remedy 9 from trek dealer yesterday after a cracked frame replacement , latest frame and shock, original 160 s were going back on with no mention of these invalidating the warranty, I changed them for latest talas 160 seems strange either way I’m now out if warranty???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Boxxers on a Trek Remedy?’ is closed to new replies.