Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Boxxer team spring change
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Off to the Alps on tuesday, fancy changing the spring in my 2013 Boxxers to something a bit softer.

The chap I bought them from said it ws a 5 minute idiot proof job with no oil change required.

I’m reaonably mechanically savvy, so it should be an easy job, however given I can’t find any instructions and if I get it wrong I have no bike to use next week, can someone point me in the direction of a simple how to guide (cant find one on the rockshox site) and also confirm it really is an easy job that I can’t mess up??

ta

legend
    Free Member

Here’s the guide:

Remove top cap*
    Remove Spring
    Drop in new spring
    Put top cap back on*

*lefty-loosy, righty-tighty

tpbiker
    Free Member

the one on the left hand top of the fork. On mine thats a comprssion adjuster or something. How do i remove it?

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Yep really easy job. Manuals can be found here

https://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7,113

nickdavies

Even easier… Top cap off, take Spring out – look at the bits of heatshrink tubing over the fork. If it’s all clumped together at the bottom screw them up the spring so you have them well spaced, refit and ride. Change the oil in the lowers while you’re at it. May well make all the difference you need.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m being thick here but the top cap is a dial. Am I meant to turn it by hand until it’ll turn no more then get the spanner out and lossen it off. I don’t want to force it and break the dial?

nickdavies

It should be a plain top cap. Other side to the dial.
    Edit: is it the one with the adjuster on that leg. Should be a couple of grub screws to undo.

This might help: https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/2011-boxxer-r2c2-technical-manual.pdf

tpbiker
    Free Member

thanks nick, didn’t see those grub screws to remove the dial. Thats me sorted…thanks for that.

tpbiker
    Free Member

sory one last question. On removing the spring there is a soid rubber tube in there, assume this is a bottom out token? Do I need to keep this in (as its bloody impossible to remove from the spring…)

Sorry for all the questions, never stripped a rockshox fork before

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Boxxer team spring change’ is closed to new replies.