Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Boxit. Rubbish product and rubbish customer service.
  • alexpalacefan

Just a warning to potential purchasers.

My bar mount failed on the 1st ride, and I was lucky that my ‘phone wasn’t damaged as it fell to the ground at high speed.

So far so not-very-good.

The real problem is that Boxit are refusing to honour their obligations under the distance selling regulations and won’t pay the postage for me to return the goods.

That’s bad enough, but they expect me to send the goods back to the parent company in Portugal!

I have repeatedly asked them to do what they ought, and pointed out their obligation, but they have refused, and have now stopped replying to e-mails.

Do not but from these cowboys.

APF

joemarshall
    Free Member

Take/send it back to the shop you bought it from. If it didn’t work, and it was brand new, then it’s nothing to do with boxit’s warranty, it didn’t work for what they sold it for, so it’s between the shop and you.

Or did you buy it direct from boxit?

simon_g

If you’re returning it under DSR, then the seller has no obligation to pay for return postage. Not that it applies for faulty goods anyway.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

UK retailer? their responsibility.

neninja
    Free Member

If you’re returning it under DSR, then the seller has no obligation to pay for return postage. Not that it applies for faulty goods anyway.

Totally incorrect. Have you read the DSR’s?

If goods are faulty and the buyer cancels the order within the statutory period, the seller has to pay for the return of the faulty goods.

Taken directly from the OFT document

If the goods are faulty or do not comply with the contract, you will have to pay for their return whatever the circumstances.

oldishbodyyoungmind
    Free Member

Did anyone see The Apprentice the other week when there was that sidery looking gadget for holding phones etc. I wonder if something like that would work well on handlebars or backpacks to hold onto GPS, mobiles etc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Boxit. Rubbish product and rubbish customer service.’ is closed to new replies.