Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Bowmore Islay single malt…
  • FoxyChick
    Free Member

..anyone fancy one?

Bought MrFC a bottle as a pressie for building up my bike, just had a wee taste, and I have to say it is truly magnificent!!!
    The smokey after taste blows your socks off!! 8)

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Love Bowmore – assume you are drinking the 12? When it’s gone (probably quite quickly) also try the Ardbeg and the Bruichladdich

rOcKeTdOg

lovely stuff, was used in my hip flask, run out now though 🙁 having to settle for home made sloe gin at the moment 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

My favourite single malt I think.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Sloe gin RD? Damned shame that! 😉

uponthedowns
    Free Member

My favourite also. Drink it quickly as it doesn’t keep. I like all the Islay malts except Laphroaig- tastes like cough medicine to me.

grumm
    Free Member

It’s pretty good, far from my favourite Islay whisky though.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

uponthedowns…will do! 8)

glumm…we will obviously have to investigate other Islay whiskys! 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Lagavulin 16 is pretty amazing imo.

iamtheresurrection

Eating a really healthy leftover chicken salad with roast squash, garlic, asparagus, lettuce and parmesan. Was really imperssed with myself that I resisted the urge to fry something or drink anything alcoholic to go with it (the Leffe doesn’t count, right)?

Now you’ve got me wanting a drop of Ardbeg to sip through the evening. MrsIATR is away on some MyersBriggs course (poor sod), so I think I’ll hit the whisky.

Good inspiration – thanks!

rOcKeTdOg

nowt wrong with a good home made sloe gin 🙂

matt_outandabout

*reaches for the Cragganmore*

Cheers for the reminder.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

RD…the only thing wrong with sloe gin is that I can drink it like pop!! 😯

rOcKeTdOg

i don’t see the problem

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

aye, i’ll join ye/)
    no bowmore, but a nip of Highland Park and most of a bottle of quinta rubain (a glenmorangie finished in port wood casks – decisions decisions

FoxyChick
    Free Member

RD…are you deliberately mis-understanding me or just being a pita? 😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

mm- quinta rubain in a glencairn tulip glass – aromatherapy

slainthe, people

speaker2animals

Bruichladdich Infinity 2nd Edition at moment. But not drinking any at present. Very very nice though. I have a small selection to go to after that.
    These being:-

Jura Superstition
    Balvenie Double Wood
    Highland Park
    Yamazaki 10 Y.O.
    Jon, Mark & Robbo’s “The Smoky Peaty One”
    Glenfiddich 12 Y.O.

I don’t drink a lot at home, being a sad single, so my flow of Malt in as presents tends to be faster than my consumption.

Have a nice drink people.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve a bottle of Bruichladdich Rocks on the go at the moment. Very nice it is too.

bigG
    Free Member

There can be only one truly magnificent malt – Caol Ila, smooth, peaty, slightly smoky and the merest hint of saltiness.

It’s the best, no one can convince me otherwise. I buy litres of it every time I go through duty free as it can be difficult to find. Go out, buy some, drink it and agree with me.

Nuff said

G

druidh
    Free Member

Not in my faves list- I find all the Islay stuff a bit too medicinal.

feenster
    Free Member

Like bowmore, but I find the younger island malts a bit harsh, prefer the older ones, 15 years+, Just as powerfull but less harsh. Lagavullin 16 my fav, and I tried the Laphroig 15 recently, lovely.

Trivia, Laphroig was the only whiskey to get into the States during prohibition, it was declared as TCP!

sofaking
    Free Member

just having a nip of edradour signatory vintage at the mo,
    and have this to open at the weekend

epicyclo

Any Islay malt, but definitely Bowmore as the favourite.

Free Member

Lagavulin have a distillers edition on, that truly is the drink of the Gods.

I’ve just sold a Laphroaig 17y/o, unopened, gutted I didn’t get to try (but have sampled the 30 y/o and 15, both epic 😉

Bowmore a bit unrefined on what I tried, whereas I was instantly hooked with laphroaig!

Enjoy, Mr & Mrs FC

jt 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Bowmore Islay single malt…’ is closed to new replies.