• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bourne Legacy
  • hora
    Free Member

Awesome. Anyone else seen it yet/bought it on DVD?

Yes its a wee bit different to the original three but for me the character is better than Bourne.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I liked it, watched it last night. It’s a different film from the first 3 but I think they tied it in quite nicely. He’s a different character as well, but too many people were crying because he wasn’t Matt Damon, which was kinda the point

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I thought it was ok.

Bit too ‘samey’ I thought… I was fully expecting him to make the girl chop her hair off and dye it. Same type of stuff etc. I’ll probably get it on DVD when its dirt cheap in HMV after xmas just because I’ve got the others…

Cougar

It’s Jeremy Renner, isn’t it? Quite looking forward to it, he’s been great in everything I’ve seen him in lately.

igrf
    Free Member

I’ve got it ready to watch, meant to watch it last night, but the Mrs decided the Royal Variety had priority, hence the Bandit thread banter..

Will watch it tonight.

wrecker
    Free Member

I thought the plot was terrible. EDIT!. Hardly Bourne-esque. Good actor, but Renner doesn’t do the tough guy well either IMO.

hora
    Free Member

Hardly Bourne-esque

I’ve read all the books- None of the leads portray Bourne really at all. So I take the films in isolation from the books tbh.

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

I thought it was rubbish to be honest. Very samey, it pretty much bored me from start to finish although some of the cinematography was great. I spent most of the film amusing myself by imaging how bits of it were filmed.

I just think bourne has been done to death, the last film with damon in seemed like the perfect place to wrap it up to me, but then again I wasn’t in line for a $5m cheque so I guess I’m biased :p

drlex
    Free Member

Unexplained beginning & deeply unsatisfying ending. On the plus side, Jeremy Renner out-acts Matt Damon; downside no Franka Potente. Recent talk here of base layers led me to believe that Mr Renner favours a Helly Hansen warm 1/4 zip.

GrahamS

The Bourne books are better:

ComradeD
    Free Member

Awful film, massive let down

Jeremy Renner is terrible at actimg

michaelbowden

I’ve read all the books- None of the leads portray Bourne really at all. So I take the films in isolation from the books tbh.

++1

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I thought it was decent but the ending was a real let down, I was left thinking surely that’s not it, but the music confirmed that was indeed ‘it’.

Northwind

I thought it was alright by itself but it did seem to miss the things that made the Bourne films good- they were always that bit more solid and convincing, nothing that happened seemed completely ridiculous. But this one just kicked off into silliness, especially on the motorbike parts. Lots of Bond-esque random running that just happens to take you exactly where you need to go too.

Still, not bad.

atlaz
    Free Member

Just an awful film. Too much exposition in some places, not enough in others. All the stuff putting it at the same time as Bourne was pointless as it didn’t really advance the story. I didn’t hate the film so much as feel it was a really bad way to reboot the series.

What it felt like was that they had a story and when Matt Damon said no, they had to just rewrite it to fit around that and it never really came together. Based on the Bourne Legacy, not sure we’ll see another film from that franchise.

spawnofyorkshire

i saw it in the cinema and was disappointed that it wasn’t a ‘bourne’ film like the other three. I then watched it again last night and enjoyed it a lot more as i was viewing it as something different but in the same world as the other three.
    Renner isn’t playing bourne mk.2, he’s playing a different guy with a different agenda. I didn’t warm to him until you find out why he needs the blue pills so much.
    I think they missed a trick by not including some of the little things that made the first three bourne films different, like fighting a guy using a rolled up magazine or just calmly climbing down the side of a five story building covered in ice.
    I think there’s scope for more (and better) films as there’s still good characters in there

hora
    Free Member

Best bit was in the woods, climbs up the building, through the window and immediately shoots dead that ‘nasty bird

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bourne Legacy’ is closed to new replies.