Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bourne again query
  • Cougar

I’ve never watched any of the Bourne movies, and the new one with Jeremy Renner has just popped up on my LoveFilm list. Is it worth me seeing the others first, or is it wholly standalone?

nealglover
    Free Member

It might make more sense if you see the others first.

Although it wouldn’t be totally ruined if you hadn’t, its still a decent Action film.

I would recommend seeing the others first though really.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I thought it was going to be a shell question…

Deveron53
    Free Member

I reckon it can be watched as a standalone. Go for it.

br
    Free Member

You can watch it on its own, but the previous ones are really good – so better to watch in order.

Cougar

Groovy. Cheers guys, I’ve been meaning to watch the others anyway and never quite got round to it. Good an excuse as any.

nealglover
    Free Member

Best option I reckon.

Watching the last one first “just because you can” would potentially ruin the other three.

And they are good films so worth watching in order.

toppers3933
    Free Member

The forth one isn’t a patch on the others. Its ok but not as good as the others.

Markie
    Free Member

Haven’t seen the fourth, but the initial trilogy is great IMO – the opening sequence of the first is superb!

nedrapier

The Bourne films are good, and make some more sense if you watch them in order, but they’re not such an incredible set of works that you’ll be doing yourself and film-making a dis-service by watching this one first. You won’t be spoiling the other films either.

If you fancy watching an action flick, watch it. You’ll pick it up pretty quickly (good and evil, redemption, CIA, black ops, cover-ups, you what it’s about already, really!) Watch the others later, they won’t be spoiled, you already know about them, too – good and evil, redemption, CIA, black ops, cover-ups…

While I’m on, best ditzy film-watching question ever from my wife when we watched it. Right towards the end, she asks:

“So what happened to that guy with beard at the beginning?”

Still chuckling about that one!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

IIRC it does give away a bit about the last one, so I’d watch them in order if you can.

Cougar

Cool.

I guess part of it is, I’m just really liking Renner at the moment.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Haven’t watched the fourth one but another recommendation for the first three. Greengrass did an excellent job with them IMO, and Samon shows what a fine actor he can be. And, obviously, yes, they should be watched in order. Bit of a cliche perhaps, but they made Bond makers up their game.

CountZero

Bit of a cliche perhaps, but they made Bond makers up their game.

This ^. Very true indeed.

vrapan
    Free Member

The fourth is ok, nothing anywhere near as good as the first three so I’d watch the first three in the off chance that the fourth puts you off watching the other three.

hmanchester
    Free Member

4th is nowhere near the level of the 1st three.

Watch them first imo.

plumber
    Free Member

Watch the first three

Don’t bother with the forth. It really is very poor by comparison

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bourne again query’ is closed to new replies.