Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bourg San Maurice – Albertville
  • tollah
    Free Member

Anyone know much about this area? Should be having a day or two there in a couple of weeks before hitting Morzine for a week. Fancy trying a new area out? Trails? Eat? Camping?

Cheers

snotrag

Theres apparently some half decent riding in Tignes down the road, Ithey were really keen to get people to stay there when I was there over Winter.

I know a great cheap place to stay aswell, message me if you want some details.

ton

pretty shit riding around bourg st maurice 😉

only all the les arc places to ride, accessed by the funicular and excellant lift system.
    take the maverick………… 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

WTF ? Les Arcs man, les arcs.

ton

sorry………. 🙁

nbt

BSM is halfway up the Tarentaise valley meaning (as mentioned) you have direct access to Les Arcs via the funicular, plus access to the other resorts like La Plagne, Ste Foy, La Rosiere and Tignes. Ash did a piece about a 60km ride from the top of Val d’Isere all the way down to BSM. Summer skiing is open in Val d’Isere and Tignes too at the moment

tollah
    Free Member

Ok so Les Arcs is close! Are there trail maps etc available? Only there fir the day so don’t want to spend it getting lost.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Get the fenicular railway out of Borg and another lift at the top of that and you’re at the start of the DH course in Arc 1600. There are a number of runs down marked from there.

trailmonkey

Ok so Les Arcs is close! Are there trail maps etc available? Only there fir the day so don’t want to spend it getting lost.

Trail Addiction and The White Room are in the area, why not just hook up and pay for a days guiding, I doubt that they’ll say no if you ask.

tollah
    Free Member

Already asked trailaddiction and they said no! July is too busy, which is fair enough, they need to look after their guests.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

As for eating, try the Refuge half way up the High St in Bourg.

tracknicko
    Free Member

hee hee. ask about BSM and told to go to tignes.

1. tignes is pretty w@nk.

2. BSM IS Les Arcs. you are essentially at the bottom lift station (funi)
    best place ever. don’t really need a trail map if you’re only there for one day… just keep going up and up and up on the lifts, and then find a way down.

Then repeat.

In a single day i reckon you could do 10 full top to bottom runs and never ride the same trail twice. Magical!

tollah
    Free Member

I’ll take a look at that site on a pc later nbt! Thanks for the info everyone.

Rod

Bike Village is based in Landry near BSM – ace people and ace riding (that you wouldn’t find from maps)

allthepies
    Free Member

Have you asked TA if they can recommend a local guide for the day if they’re too maxed out themselves ?

ash

As someone said above, BSM *is* les Arcs.

Since Albertville was mentioned in the thread title, I’ll go ahead and say that the riding there is pretty damn rad there too 🙂

RustyNissanPrairie

goto funicular station and buy a ticket there, get funicular up then chair lift, #8 black route is a fun and easy to find descent back down to BSM. Its too big an area to be findng anything other than the marked piste map trails though in a day.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bourg San Maurice – Albertville’ is closed to new replies.