Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bourg Saint Maurice/Les Arcs
  • rondo101
    Free Member

My wife & I enjoy an annual summer 2 week trip to BSM, mostly due to the amount of lift-accessed singletrack & limited amount of bike-park jumpy trails. I’m not adverse to the latter, and she can ride some of them (not big features & she generally prefers wheels close to the ground), but technical singletrack is what ticks our boxes. Having done a holiday in Spain that involved a lot of pedaling up, we prefer the ability to gain much of the altitude by lift.

Is BSM/Les Arcs fairly unique in the amount of singletrack you can access for minimal pedaling up? My feeling is that many other resorts provide excellent lift-access DH bike park lines, but without the extent of unmarked singletrack that BSM provides (in 2 weeks of riding, ignoring trails used to link up areas, we only rode 3 trails twice with 3000-5000m descending a day).

Am I missing out by making that assumption? I’d be interested to hear experiences of areas in both Europe & N America, especially from people that have also ridden the BSM area. Comparison to the riding in Whistler would be particularly appreciated as it’s under consideration for next year. Thanks!

rondo101
    Free Member

bump for the friday pm crew

scaredypants

sorry, no idea, only been to les arcs – which as you say has loads of quality singletrack, fantastically served by the lift system

crankrider
    Free Member

Does the les arcs chairlift system shut until winter access starts at the end of August?
    Short season in the alps, isn’t it really?

wallop

It’s a two month season, which isn’t really an issue – we are only going for two weeks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bourg Saint Maurice/Les Arcs’ is closed to new replies.