Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Bourbons?
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

Just me or have they all disappeared? I need to sedate ms munky with some and the shops have run dry?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never found anything better than this.

Would certainly sedate Ms Munky as well.

bearnecessities

It’s about time to be honest. They’ve had their time – when you can now pick up Choccy Hob nobs for £1 or those Bahlsen thingymabobs for the same price, the day of the bourbon is frankly, numbered.

RIP bourbon. (and nice/arrow biscuits)

richmars

It could be an urban myth, but I heard that the factory that made them (and ginger biscuits) was damaged in the recent floods.

(If that isn’t a myth, this will make it one.)

boxxer7
    Free Member

Yep your right, one factory in Britain produces them and it was flooded recently so no bourbons for a while

piemonster

bearnecessities – Member
    It’s about time to be honest. They’ve had their time – when you can now pick up Choccy Hob nobs for £1 or those Bahlsen thingymabobs for the same price, the day of the bourbon is frankly, numbered.

RIP bourbon. (and nice/arrow biscuits)

POSTED 8 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Total arse biscuit bullshit.

Bourbons are an enduring classic, they may well fall out if flavour with the ‘Hoi polloi’ but those with true class will always know where to look*

* Spar or the Co Op

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

they may well fall out if flavour with the ‘Hoi polloi’ but those with true class will always know where to look*

Those with true class would know that the “the” before “hoi polloi” was surplus to requirements.

nickjb
    Free Member

Certainly less common in France since the days of Louis XIV and the like, revolution saw to that. Still big in Spain and Luxembourg.

scaredypants

😆 You know we’re doing it deliberately, don’t you flash ?

bearnecessities

Some reprobate – Member

Total arse biscuit bullshit.

Bourbons are an enduring classic, they may well fall out if flavour with the ‘Hoi polloi’ but those with true class will always know where to look*

* Spar or the Co Op

Dad’s Army is an enduring classic and they’re all dead.

Maybe when you lot can pronounce “bahlsen”, you’ll welcome them in as the biscuity enlightenment that they are. Until then, enjoy your soggy bourbons.

Philistine.

piemonster

Those with true class would know that the “the” before “hoi polloi” was surplus to requirements.

ipad auto correct, “the” should have read “*******”

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

McVities in Carlisle who make Bourbons for a few different brands was flooded. Couple of other biscuits are in short supply as well. Apparently they are struggling to repair the kiln.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Kick this shit out of rich tea and digestives. But that’s not saying a lot.

piemonster

Dad’s Army is an enduring classic and they’re all dead.

Quite keen on seeing the new one tbh

munkyboy
    Free Member

I thought I was being paranoid, but there is an actual shortage. I’d better find somewhere to stock up, no bahlsen thing is going to survive the dunk like a bourbon

jim25

What!!
    I was wandering why the shelve at tesco has been empty.!!

I don’t know how I’m going to survive…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Even Pike?

shermer75
    Free Member

So the cheap pound shop bourbons are the same as Mcvities bourbons? Whaaaaaaaaat????!!

grtdkad

Pike was on local news earlier this evening alive and well and clutching a packet of Oreos.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Aldi has some…..

rOcKeTdOg

So the cheap pound shop bourbons are the same as Mcvities bourbons? Whaaaaaaaaat????!!

See any supermarket own brand goods, Tesco etc don’t manufacture their own stuff.

jim25

Tesco are the king of bourbons for me.
    Has any one else spotted the Fox’s bourbon creams appearing?? They’ve obviously spotted a whole in the market and jumped quick, never seen them before

zbonty

I bought some from Lidl and could not believe how cheap they were- 22p

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

I always have a pack delivered from Tesco every week, but noticed that they had gone off the website. Been getting a couple of the Fox’s ones the last two weeks.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Bourbons?’ is closed to new replies.