Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • bouncy reverb what do i do?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Worked fine for four months. Now only half returns and bounces about thirty mm into the stroke

DickBarton

I think that is needing a bleed…

carlos
    Free Member

Rob, add air same as a Joplin, think its 250psi, that should cure it. If it continues it might be a leaky seal.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Will do carl – trouble is why do i need to add air or bleed when it was fine until today?

carlos
    Free Member

Dunno, Dave’s did the same, happened between putting it in the car, driving 30mins and getting it out to ride. All he did was add air (it was low) and its been fine since afaik.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

will try it tomorrow

jodafett

As above, probably needs air at 250psi. Mine was fine until I left it in the down position for an hour or so in the back of the car. It slowly leaked air after that. Got it fixed under warranty.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

seems to have worked for now, mine was left saddle down in the sun for a fewhours this arvo

jodafett

Keep an eye on the pressure over the next couple of weeks. Mine would drop over 100psi in that time, whereas it was fine before.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

will be going back if that happens!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Rob yep carl is right, mines been doing that for the last few months, I keep topping the air up every month or so, but it still isn’t fixed its a fix that works and only slowly looses the pressure, I will be sending mine back to loco soon, it’s probably a seal fail, it defo was worse/loosed pressure quicker in winter, in the warmer months its taking much longer to lose the pressure, just a pain sending it off but I defo will….

I top it up to 250 then a few weeks later in winter it was back down to 90psi, but then topped up it works like New again

mrelectric

Seat clamp torque also a common factor

rob-jackson
    Free Member

it would be if i hadn’t touched it

baldman
    Free Member

Slight hijack but mine is loosing air over a week or so too. Not had the post that long – few months. I see Jodafett had his fixed on warranty – not really keen on sending it off at the moment but is this an indication of a problem that does need attention before the warranty runs out? Seems to work fine after topping up, do they just need the pressure checking regularly?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

if they do – where is the air escaping to?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Bled it and still boingy 🙁 only 3-4mm but still not right! Back to Je James on monday i think

lapera
    Free Member

I did have same problem with the one I bought at CRC last December,only used once,Luckily I’ve received last week my warranty replacement.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

replaced with new 🙂

legend
    Free Member

By any chance had you lifted the bike by the saddle with the post down? Apparently it’s the common cause of this, but luckily they’re still accepting then under warranty

sprocker
    Free Member

replaced with new – good result 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

legend – nope

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘bouncy reverb what do i do?’ is closed to new replies.