Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bought the wife a onesie – should I start packing
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Originally set a £20 limit for xmas this year, you know, novelty presents type stuff. She has since bought me a nice bottle of whisky and a bike tool kit. Uh-oh, guilt followed by panic buying ensues and I’ve got her a nordic pattern maternity onesie (she’s getting a cardigam picked out by herself). (yes she is up the duff) I’ve flipped up haven’t I? Silent Xmas dinner?

chojin
    Free Member

My dad once purchased my mum a lamp shade for Christmas.

I think by comparison, a maternal onesie would’ve gone down better.

VanHalen

you have 4 days to panic buy something more appropriate

i would.

wwaswas

get one each and you can do something like this;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx2GnKQ35KA[/video]

wiggles
    Free Member

Silent Xmas dinner? Don’t be silly…

You think she will let you have dinner?! 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Father Flash once made a last minute dash around the Clarins counter at Peter Jones. Grabbing a handful of likely looking potions and lotions, he was a little surprised with Mother Flash opened this little beauty up on Christmas day, surrounded by family.

thegreatape
    Free Member

When I was about 12 or 13 and having spunked all my paper round money at the school tuck shop my family got this for a joint present

This year I bought my wife this as she keeps going on about going to the Glasgow velodrome for a shot so I imagine I’ll be in the shit too

dazh

I’ve got nowt for Mrs Daz so far. She keeps telling me she doesn’t want anything but I’m beginning to think this may be a bit of reverse psychology that could go disastrously wrong 😯

wiggles
    Free Member

Daz tell a close friend to call the police if they haven’t heard from you by boxing day.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Clarins eh? hmmmmmm.

Think i’ve sussed it – onesie is a present from little S mk1 – to ‘keep mummy all snuggly’ until mk2 arrives. This projects schmoltz on the item thus reducing its likelihood of rejection I now have 4 days, as pointed out above, to get something decent.

Not Clarins,Not Clarins,Not Clarins,Not Clarins,Not Clarins,Not Clarins,Not Clarins,Not Clarins,Not Clarins,Not Clarins,Not Clarins,

Daz – she’s lying.

mightymule
    Free Member

A couple of years ago Mr Mule Senior gave Mrs Mule Senior a toilet seat and a blot for the bathroom door for Christmas.
    Fortunately she has a good sense of humour and laughed about it for about two hours. Although, to be fair, he had also bought her a very large emerald pendant necklace – which I sould imagine softened the blow slightly.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I suspect the onesie coupled with a hot water bottle would be a damn fine set of prezzies for a Lady With Bump.

Don’t forget the Chocolates.. 😉

the-muffin-man

I bought my wife an electric blanket a couple of Christmas’s ago – she ruddy loved it! Positively skipped around the room.*

(*we lead a very dull life!)

MoreCashThanDash

We aren’t buying for each other this year. Apparently.

I have got her a couple of small presents. Was about to enter the shop to buy some nice jewellery for her yesterday when for the umpteenth time this year I got an urgent text to see if I could drop everything to pick the kids up from school as she was busy at work

The words “Well, sod you then” may have escaped my lips as I left the shop empty handed 👿

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve bought my wife a pencil sharpener.

it looks like this:

who said romance is dead?

mightymule
    Free Member

I have bought Mr Mule a kettle 🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Told my other half to get herself a Terrys Choc orange while out grocery shopping tonight, a onesie sound waaaaay too extravagant.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

I’ve dropped enormous hints for a Chocolate Orange. Christmas would not be right without one present.
    Your wife is very lucky 😆
    Apparently we were not buying for each other (joint trip to Bruges instead), but on a child free day out she spotted some earrings that ‘I could buy her for Christmas’.
    She expertly diverted me away from Richer Sounds shortly after.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m planning on getting Mrs DBW a onesie. Albeit a little more ‘minimalist’ than yours OP.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder – Member
    I’m planning on getting Mrs DBW a onesie. Albeit a little more ‘minimalist’ than yours OP.

Pics?

What? WHAT? Someone was going to ask, so why not me?

eskay

Bought my wife an electric blanket for her 40th as a joke and she now says it is one of the best things she has! If I am honest, I agree with her. Nothing quite like getting in to a toastie bed!

stevestunts
    Free Member

She has since bought me a nice bottle of whisky and a bike tool kit

In other words, a nice bottle of whisky and some ornaments.

CountZero

I’ve got nowt for Mrs Daz so far. She keeps telling me she doesn’t want anything but I’m beginning to think this may be a bit of reverse psychology that could go disastrously wrong

Yup, what could possibly go wrong?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bought the wife a onesie – should I start packing’ is closed to new replies.