Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Bought some bling from the States…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Completely extravagant, but it's oh so purty 😳 🙂 Now to see what HMRC stings me with, hopefully not too much (£153 inc delivery, so maybe £30-£40?)

njee20
    Free Member

Just the clamp, or have you gone the whole hog and got the seatpost?

uplink
    Free Member

I thought you'd stopped spending & was in a phase of asset reduction? 😀

nicko74

hundred
    and
    fifty
    three
    pounds
    for some seatpost clamp bolts?
    **** it, I might as well splash out on that laptop I was looking at…

Still, each to their own 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Just the clamp, or have you gone the whole hog and got the seatpost?

the whole thing… 400mm straight 27.2mm post, pewter seatclamp. It's going on the IF Ti delux I got off here for 'cheap', should look good 🙂

I thought you'd stopped spending & was in a phase of asset reduction?

I've sold a fair bit of stuff, thought I'd reward myself by buying something else 😆

br
    Free Member

what does it weigh?

MRanger156
    Free Member

£153 for a seatpost! I've got an old EA50 you could have had for £10.

Mental.

njee20
    Free Member

It's not that much frankly, there are more expensive options.

I'll bet it weighs more than my New Ultimate mind 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

what does it weigh?

233g

epicsteve
    Free Member

Ok it's a nice looking bit of kit but the best part of £200 for a seatpost seems mental to me, even for something as lovely as a Ti Delux (which is probably better with a carbon post anyway).

psychle
    Free Member

it is mental… but it's lovely bike jewellery really, bit like the solid silver headbadge on the frame, needless but lovely to have and look at 🙂

akira

Nearly £200 isn't too bad, mind I can't see the lever or remote cable to make it go up and down!

geetee1972
    Free Member

You've bought a second hand IF Ti Deluxe?!!>!>>! **** me. They're like hen's teeth!

jackal
    Free Member

Nearly £200 isn't too bad, mind I can't see the lever or remote cable to make it go up and down!

😆

Looks sweet.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

233g

13g more than my £45 Control Tech…..

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19622

psychle
    Free Member

wasn't bought for lightness, 'twas bought 'cause I likes it 8)

You've bought a second hand IF Ti Deluxe?!!>!>>! **** me. They're like hen's teeth!

Yep, I was quite lucky with that 8) it had been repaired due to a small crack near the toptube/seattube junction… repair looks sound and isn't really noticeable, time will tell of course!

njee20
    Free Member

I'm of the breed who think ti posts in ti frames look a bit wrong, too much ti.

Hope you're getting a Moots ti stem to match!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

An image search for the Moots ti seatpost can be rewarding.

But not if you're a banker in an office where someone is filming…..

epicsteve
    Free Member

My Ti frame just has an Easton EA50, which I bought 2nd hand and has been on loads of other bikes. It's not a very "bling" build (yet!) though:

The reason for using the EA50 was that I needed some layback 'cause the current stem is too short since I switched to flat bars (it'll either be going back to risers or getting a longer stem soon).

psychle
    Free Member

Hope you're getting a Moots ti stem to match!

if I can find one second hand I will… btw, there's a hideously priced Moots Ti riser bar on Ebay at the moment, currently at USD$350 with 3 days to go! I do think that'd almost certainly be going too far on the Ti front 😆

Though, I wish I'd got the Jones H-bar for £140 off here yesterday, missed out by just a few minutes 🙁

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

was just about to say that is a bargin compared to Moots. I love Ti-on-Ti I had a litespeed in the brushed finish with matching finish (Dean) Ti post and (titec) Ti stem and thought it looked the nuts.

Ti posts do give a noticeable amount of flex, and if its a part for life then the cost isnt exorbitant.

Colour me jealous!

psychle
    Free Member

that's what I kind of thought… plus I like the seatclamp design 🙂

poppa
    Free Member

@epicsteve

Your saddle is hilariously far back on the rails!

Plus, I don't understand how riser bars make the cockpit longer?!

psychle
    Free Member

Plus, I don't understand how riser bars make the cockpit longer?!

If they were tilted too far forward I guess?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Your saddle is hilariously far back on the rails!

Correct – looks shite doesn't it.

I was running it with 100mm forks and risers, which was perfect with that 80mm stem, and since switching to the 80mm forks and flats it now feels too short without the saddle all the way back. It's maybe as much the lower bar position as it is the reach. I've got another seatpost with a bit more layback to try as well.

No doubt I'll end up back with the Float 100's and risers before long!

psychle
    Free Member

An image search for the Moots ti seatpost can be rewarding.

I take it you were referring to this image Captain? It's an innovative bikini top I must say 🙂

br
    Free Member

233g – but thats' not even light…

chameleon78
    Free Member

£153? you were robbed! Looks no better that my sdg ibeam at £40!
    Each to his own of course.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So glad I went through this phase 15 years ago, nice to have money to spend on other stuff.

Clink

I have run a ti post for the last year and a thomson before that (same type of saddle). The ti post is far more comfortable. I was lucky enough to get a Blacksheep post second hand, but I would buy a new one based upon a year of riding it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Bought some bling from the States…’ is closed to new replies.