Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bought a phone from a user, and it's broken
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I bought a phone from a chap on here, which was stated as in excellent condition – with nothing wrong with it at all.

Received, and it’s all fine – except the ear speaker is ridiculously quiet, and can’t really be heard if you’re outside.

Before going down the technical route, I have a Desire myself, and am more than happy with mobile phone development – so know what is and isn’t right.

Would you expect a full refund? I paid by Paypal goods rather than gift, to be honest I can’t see why you’d screw someone over on something like STW, when it’s pretty obvious there’s an issue.

Cheers

Ricks

nealglover
    Free Member

Might be a stupid question.

But have you adjusted the volume ?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My Desire has a hopeless ear speaker too. I can’t find any setting to increase it. The button on the side makes little difference. Hopes someone will tell me how to adjust it here.

nealglover
    Free Member

Just spoke to my brother who has a Desire too.

He said the Volume is shocking compared to his Blackberry, and there has been loads of complaints about it on the HTc Forums.

Likely that its not broken at all, just not as good as you are used to ?

kayak23

There is an app for everything these days…
    click click

boxelder

I bought an htc desire off here and mrs wasn’t happy with the camera. Contacted seller who told us where/when it was bought. Sent back to htc. Sorted. Don’t think seller aware of problem and was helpful. Contact seller to ask opinion and maufacturer. Folk will now search who sold it and flame them, so hope they’ve had a chance to help.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

my desire ear piece is shit also

jam-bo

What does the person you bought it from say?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No issues with mine, is it a known fault?

jota180
    Free Member

except the ear speaker is ridiculously quiet, and can’t really be heard if you’re outside.

Maybe you’re just a bit Mutt?

RichPenny
    Free Member

WHAT?

druidh
    Free Member

As Al says – nowt wrong with mine.

Cougar

Can’t say as I ever noticed a problem with mine either. Factory reset?

Radical thought I know, but have you tried speaking to the seller?

jota180
    Free Member

Radical thought I know, but have you tried speaking to the seller?

He tried but he couldn’t hear him

Cougar

\o/

rickon
    Free Member

The seller’s been very amicable, I’ve tried the apps in the market and a few other things as suggested on XDA developers.

I’ve got a Desire myself that I’ve had for a couple of years, and the difference between the two in sound is huge. If it was my Desire I would have sent it straight back to HTC – it sounds like the earpiece is facing backwards… very odd.

I’ve checked to see if the USB connector is shorting out, causing it to signal to the phone that it is connected to a DSP / car device, hence turning onto the loud speaker instead…. but it’s not.

Anyway, the seller has been very good and said to return the phone.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bought a phone from a user, and it's broken’ is closed to new replies.