Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bought a nice short sleeve xc style jersey recently?
  • convert

All my kit from the days when I got it (mostly) free is on its last legs so scratching around for some new clobber.

Tops – I don't want spray on tight any more as I'm now a little less "racing weight" and this would be unkind to the other forest dwellers but I don't want the jheycore rad pyjama clad look either. I don't want to advertise a bike brand or a make of washing powder/ satellite broadcaster or whatever today's latest sponsors are. I also don't want to look like Tim Henman with some dodgy pointless motifs. I'm not (quite) slow/ round enough for a Foska Marmite etc top. I want back pockets for when I'm out on the road.

Anything to recommend?

nickc

I've been looking for this as well. And Its ridculously difficult to find a regular xc jersey that doesn't have either a stupidly garish colourscheme, or some desperate American nonsence a la Primal. Team roadie tops are stupidly expensive. I don't mind advertising casse d'espaigne, but I'm not going to fork out £70 for the priviledge. And I don't want some yak haired merino 'hipster' crap that'll cost £450 and shrink. Bollox

Kahurangi

I quite like the look of the Altura Classic SS jersey though I haven't bought one yet

Royston
    Free Member

'Manta Ray' from Ground Effect really comfortable, really long zip and really well made. their other stuff is very good as well!

yunki
    Free Member

Lidl FTW
    EDIT: you will have to fashion some back pockets from old dusters and sew them on yourself though… unless you like your pockets matchbox size.

Kuco

Glad I'm not the only one finding it difficult to find a decent reasonable priced top.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I have a bunch of polaris ones. Good quality, plain blue, decent pockets, comfy. I have 6 and wear one most weekdays, and they're perfect after 2 years and a bit.

I got em cheap though with some help from unicycle.com and polaris, when I was doing a big race, so I dunno if they're expensive.

Joe

oldgit
    Free Member

Exactly.
    I think the Mavic is fairly plain.
    Edit, I've got some nalini which is a brand I like, but the pockets are tiny.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Try Shutt VR http://www.shuttvr.com/

Made in the UK, really nice merino wool, good designs, super quality, well priced for what you get, i.e £40 a pop less than Rapha, but similar styling, quality, and fit.

Keva
    Free Member
    convert

Thanks all – some good stuff there, I'll follow up some of these links.

_tom_
    Free Member

Decathlon and Burghaus do cheap ones in normal colours. I've got a decathlon on its way (that's the only problem – slow delivery!) so will let you know how it is when it arrives!

br
    Free Member

The Endura Humvee one looks good, and got good reviews (apparently wicks very well).

boxelder
    corroded
    Free Member

Favourite jersey at the mo is from Scott – plain, good cut and material, v comfortable.

http://www.scott-sports.com/us_en/product/9292/44381/top_shirt_s_sl

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

How about a Twin Six The Deluxe, one of their more subtler designs!

pinches
    Free Member

i really like the new mavic jerseys, they do a range of jerseys that aren't race fit (notch for example)

tron
    Free Member

Decathlon do plain roadie / XC style jerseys with a little room in them. No great offensive logos, sane colours and a back pocket, though one the cheapest jerseys (the ones I buy 😆 ) the pocket is zipped rather than elasticated, which is a pain.

NZCol

http://Www.irule.co.nz – the toro is a reasonable cut and just brilliant. Full disclosure-involved in the company.

Clink

http://Www.irule.co.nz – the toro is a reasonable cut and just brilliant. Full disclosure-involved in the company.

Have you tried their shorts? I have the basic AR ones but was considering the Thredbos for long distance stuff this summer but am worried about no bibs. The ones I've got are very comfy though and I love the thigh pockets.

meeeee
    Free Member

http://www.biketreks.net/11107/products/Fox_Live_Wire_Jersey.aspx

although it does say 'fox' on it. But casual fit, pockets at the back, full length zip and its only £30

NZCol

Clink-Yep I'm a shareholder in the company. Great gear. Also recommend the taupo merino t.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I've just bought a De Marchi top,red and black,back pockets,well made and reasonably priced. Their a shorts are brilliant aswell.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Read this thread and thought I'd have a look at Twin Six's site as I like their stuff, and found the perfect jersey for the STW Clydesdales 🙂

"Team Fatty" jersey:

"Whether you're packing heavyweight horsepower of your own or just like reading Fatty's blog, this Fat Cyclist jersey makes a statement. That statement is, "I am both very sexy and endearingly self-deprecating.""

fudge9202
    Free Member

TRY TO FIND A SWARTWOOL MERINO TOP THEY ARE BY FAR THE BEST JERSEY I HAVE WORN, COOL WHEN WARM WARM WHEN COOL, AND CHEAP GOT MINE FOR £25

jonb
    Free Member

cycle-clothing.co.uk basic but plain colours. I normally go a size up for mtb stuff and my actual size for the spray on roadie look.

Other than that, DHB stuff is good from wiggle.

rOcKeTdOg

velo cake is what you need, everyone likes cake

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bought a nice short sleeve xc style jersey recently?’ is closed to new replies.