Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Bought a cracked frame from STW classifieds
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

[downwiththehipkids] Can I be the first to suggest that you shit down his chimney [/downwiththehipkids]

wwaswas

[downwiththehipkids] Can I be the first to suggest that you shit down his chimney [/downwiththehipkids]

Word!

(*hopes he got it right*)

nealglover
    Free Member

I must of missed something…neither the advert on STW or the one of Pinkbike explicitly states no cracks.

You did miss something yes 😉

Image halfway down page one.

thegreatape
    Free Member

High fives wwaswas

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Hora, yep the crack would have been hidden slightly by the swingarm.

I’m too far away to shit down his chimney unfortunately, I started the thread hoping someone would do it on my behalf? 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

davidtaylforth will, he’s got previous for it

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I’ve got a reply back! He is going to get back to me after work this evening.

mudsux
    Free Member

Take it to a small claims court.

From what I have seen of communications with the seller – it looks like the goods do not match their description. ie. No cracks.
    You have asked for a refund within a reasonable time frame of having had the item in your possession. Your next step really is a small claims court.

Bol. tonight.

convert

Take it to a small claims court.

He wouldn’t stand a hope in hell.

He bought it, then drifted out the BB bearings (and stripped the paint). The seller could quite reasonably claim that the frame was fine when it left his possession (as evidenced by the buyer picking up in person, having a chance inspect and reject) and has been damaged by some ham fisted spannering. This could even be true! The buyer did not realise there was a problem until after the BB was out – could you have done the damage OP?

The seller could reasonably claim his original offer was in hast until he thought through the possibility of buyer inflicted damage.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Bought a cracked frame from STW classifieds’ is closed to new replies.