Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bottomless Tokens – Fine tuning by trimming them?
  • mjsmke

Has anyone tried cutting down the size of Bottomless Tokens to fine tune their forks? I have Pikes at 130mm and find 2 Tokens too linear and 3 too progressive so thinking about cutting a spare one in half to run 2.5 Tokens. I can’t think of anything that could go wrong providing Token doesn’t fall apart inside the forks.

So, has anyone else done this? Im guessing on longer travel set-ups the difference between 1 and 2 Tokens is less than on shorter travel set-ups.

jacksprogis
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly.
    Same issue as you describe and I weigh 10 stone 8.

I’ll be watching this.

extremenik
    Free Member

I have done this

Hacksaw in half, clean with a sheet of sandpaper, run a lighter over the area cut to burn any burrs. Hole for Allen key runs all the way through so it tightens up ok.

Only thing that can go wrong is that if it is not cleaned up right any loose debris could fall of and go in to the Airshaft seals.

scandal42
    Free Member

I’m getting some of these, is it right that you need more for a shorter travel fork?

I only weigh just over 11 stone, with a 130mm fork.

mjsmke

is it right that you need more for a shorter travel fork?

Yes.

Mine are 130 and had 2 pre installed. 160mm have none pre installed. If you google pike bottomless tokens theres a few charts that show how many are pre installed and the max you can install.

scandal42
    Free Member

Mine are rev’s so it’s the 32mm I’ve got coming.

Not sure if it will be the same.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bottomless Tokens – Fine tuning by trimming them?’ is closed to new replies.