Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Bottom question?
  • wilburt
    Free Member

I’m a recent convert to the use of wet wipes for the purpose of bottom hygene, its important especially prior to a lengthy bike ride and much more effective than loo roll or a corner of the currant bun so I like them..

However recent news suggests I’m breaking the sewage systems, oceans and the planet in general and obviously thats not good!

How should I be cleaning up down there?

derek_starship
    Free Member

andyl
    Free Member

Got a cat?

Fit a bidet?

Just keep a wet sponge next to the toilet? 😯

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

sandwicheater

Put it in the bin on completion of your pampering.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

What are you eating that you need special cleaning apparatus 😯
    Did you fly with BA recently?

mrchrispy

wet wipe only to be deployed in the event of bottom trauma.

maccruiskeen

Would it be the case that the recently advertised ‘Andrex Flushable Washlets’ are different to ‘wet wipes’ and indeed flushable and sewer system friendly? The do say they’re ‘tested and fully biodegradable but have they just printed ‘flushable’ on something that shouldn’t be used for that purpose?

The question is are they biodegrading as part of the conventional sewage treatment process or are they getting past that system and doing that biodegrading on the beach?

conkerman
    Free Member

Wire Brush and dettol.

midlifecrashes

Wet wipes you buy from the baby section of the supermarket? Bag them (bags available from adjacent shelves), and bin them. Wet wipes from the bog roll section (proper name:moistened toilet tissues) inspect and flush. In the event of poomageddon and you need to use half a pack, do the drains a favour and deploy the occasional interim flush.

piemonster

maccruiskeen

Seeing as Jamie’s not here to post it

globalti
    Free Member

It’s true that wet wipes are blocking up the sewers; they are made from a non-woven fibre fabric that stays tough even when wet and they tend to hang up on obstructions in the sewers. I had to rod our drains a couple of times when our son was small and they were going down the bog.

Regular bog paper breaks up very readily when wet and I believe the proper “flushable” washlets are also made from a tissue paper, although of necessity stronger than bog paper, so they would break up in the treatment works.

BigJohn

natrix
    Free Member

‘Freshu’ is what you need

Stoner
    Free Member

wwaswas

Your partners flannel?

martinhutch

The Roman Army used a sponge on a stick. One shared between 8 men.

fasthaggis

Just get some Archer fish to live in your bidet.

turboferret

Is no-one going to complain that the CLAG-GONE either has a very fancy hub to reverse the direction of the chain, or there is a design flaw? I suppose maybe you need to pedal it in the reverse direction to normal to achieve the results indicated 😀

Cheers, Rich

wilburt
    Free Member

Not sure a clag gone will fit in the en suite.

When I say wet wipes I mean the one designed for the job made by Andrex or whoever not baby wipes or kitchen wipes. I’m led to believe that even though they say “flushable” they don’t break down in the sewage system like loo roll.

Glag gone aside I was thinking maybe a Bum Gun or some kind of hose might be a better option?

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Maybe not all like this but our kids ‘flushable’ wipes say only one per flush. Useful huh?

Harry_the_Spider

Do you live on or near a donkey sanctuary?

natrix
    Free Member

As I said earlier, Freshu is what you want. It’s a foam that you spray onto normal toilet paper thet turns it into a wet wipe. Disintigrates the same as a normal toilet paper.

See http://www.thameswater.co.uk/media/press-releases/16133.htm

Cougar

Those Washlet things are flushable, it says so on the packet. Readily demonstrable if you stick one under the tap.

Flushing regular wet wipes is a big no-no. I blocked our bog by accidentally flushing just one of them.

tinribz
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mFuB0gsNAA[/video]

cookeaa

My missus flushed a regular baby wipe the other day and blocked the loo, Can’t see how those andrex wipes are much different TBH.

They might biodegrade in the sewers, but I can see a couple getting entangled with a more Kursk like creation and causing a local jam in the U-bend. As the only one apparently qualified to wield a plunger in this house they are banned from my bog.

rabhill
    Free Member

Never ever flush wet wipes down the bog, according to the Marine Conservation Society there’s been a 50% increase of them littering up our beaches and coast line. Not good at all.

kelvin

Beware the flushable ones… they may still invoke the use of dynarod. Speaking from experience. Ahem.

MoreCashThanDash

Er, yes, rabhill, which is what prompted the OP to start this thread 😉

maccruiskeen

Never ever flush wet wipes down the bog, according to the Marine Conservation Society there’s been a 50% increase of them littering up our beaches and coast line. Not good at all.

That announcement this week is probably what prompted the thread. With such a sharp increase it suggests that the newly marketed ‘Flushable washlets’ might be joining the naughtily discarded non-flush ones. The blurb I’ve seen suggests they tested for their biodegradable-ness but it makes you wonder if they are contributing to the litter before they degrade.

A press release saying ‘50% increase’ in ‘short time’ usually means ‘we’ve changed the way the count things’ though

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Cougar – one wipe and erm… Something else!? 😆

JoeG
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

^ WiperWaterPisStool^

Olly
    Free Member

Fear not, they probably wont make it to the sea, they are in your foul pipes backing it up. You’ll have a job cleaning yourself up after youve had to retrive them all in 6 months time!

mountainman

Definitely bin if your on SEPTIC TANK TOO>

survivor

I’ve been using the specific toilet wipes for quite a while now. They were a revalation for me being cursed with a hairy arse and probably not the best diet! I could be there hours clearing up the mess my arse explosions made before I started using them….

They do say they are biodegradable and flushable and a check on the andrex website confirms this as well but they recommend only flushing one or two at a time.

I’m happy to continue using them until told not to or I’ll have to go back to mass deforestation use of normal paper!

While were on this shitty subject I occasionaly get the pleasure of a teflon poo where it doesnt leave a trace 🙂 How does this magic occur? Is there something I should eat more often that contains this natural teflon?

andyl
    Free Member

The design of toilets does not put humans in the best position for a clean poo. You need to do it more as nature intended as due to the invention if toilet paper there has been no evolutionary development by death due to bottom hygiene problems.

As for bagging and binning – please no, we put enough crap in plastic bags in landfill.

mtbtom
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdskzIY7Wyk[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Bottom question?’ is closed to new replies.