Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bottom bracket question (rd content)
  • malchales
    Free Member

Hi all,

ive just gone and ordered one of those Pinorillo Dogma 2 copies from China with my tax rebate!
    question, i would like to fit a shimano 105 groupset, but they all seem to be hollow tech bb,this frame has a EN bb 68 bb! will this be a problem or is ther a conversion kit?

thanks.

was
    Free Member

EN BB 68 is a standard english thread 68mm bottom bracket shell.

105 group should be fine!

AFAIK just put 2 spacers on the drive side (they will come with the BB)

EDIT: Not sure if road BBs need the spacers (on MTBs they come with 2 to account for 73mm shells and e type mechs) – but it will come with them if needed.

I’m building my China frame (kuota-alike) up this week with a Sora group.

schmiken

There is no need for spacers with road groupsets!

‘Traditional’ road BBs come in two flavours – English or Italian (excluding PF86, BB30, BB386, BBRight etc). The OP’s frame is coming with an English BB so as long as you don’t get an Italian Hollowtech2 BB you’ll be fine – there’s no need for a conversion kit.

was – Shimano MTB BBs come with three spacers…

malchales
    Free Member

thanks guy, so the tiagra drive train of my commuting bike would also fit then.

will save the extra pennies for the 105 set though.

my movistar pinerillo frame should be here in a couple of weeks (hopefully)…………….

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Out of interest what size did you go for and what height/leg are you.?

njee20
    Free Member

Be interested to know how you get on with that, been pondering a Chinarello for a while!

malchales
    Free Member

i checked the size chart/dimensions and geometry then compared it to my 2010 Trek 1.5, which is a tad long. its a 54cm and im 5″ 10

i got it from these guys!

1http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/carbon+road+bike+frame.html.5

malchales
    Free Member

i will keep the ST collective in the loop and give you all a blow by blow account and build-up!
    hopefully the roadies wont be turning there noses up! the real thing is nigh on £4000, a bit rich for my taste buds.
    Ive gone for the white/blue/silver movistar copy!
    not sure what wheels to put on it yet though, ive put by £250, should be able to buy s`thing half decent and light from an auction site near you! any ideas?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bottom bracket question (rd content)’ is closed to new replies.