Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bottom bracket advice
  • spanishbarry
    Free Member

Just looking to renew the bottom bracket on my DH bike and was looking for some feedback from you guys.
    I am a heavy guy and was looking to go for a bigger bearing option as I presume its better to spread my weight a bit better than conventional ones, Is the Hope one any good ? or just stick to the cheap option of replacing shimano ones every few months

watsontony
    Free Member

chris king

Scapegoat

Gusset. As cheap as Shimano if you shop round and are rebuild able.

Northwind

What Shimano are you using? Deore are comically bad on a dh bike, I killed mine absolutely dead in one day. Doing fine now with a Saint one.

Do like the Gusset one i have in the hemlock though- lasts well, easy to replace bearings when the time comes, even comes in pretty colours. Not sure how it is with continued bigger hits though.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Hope all the way. Don’t waist your money on the ceramic version as the stainless is the best and the bearings are replacable etc unlike Chris King which ain’t.

toys19
    Free Member

I have these gravity gap quad cranks on my covert, its been 18 months now and they are still going strong. I’m a fat bastard and most bb’s last me 6 months (like shimano). I paid 160 quid for these. Bargain at that price. 4 bearings in a row, tough. added benefit of 165, avoid pedal strikes and handy for a short fat bastard.

IanW
    Free Member

Different twist on a similar question- Im also going through Shimano Bb,s every few months, tend to strip them and rebuild/regrease at the first sign of play. Whilst I like Hope stuff I can’t see how one design can be so much better than an other.

Does anyone know the compatible bearing number for the Shimano BB? Perhaps some better bearings will last longer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bottom bracket advice’ is closed to new replies.