Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bottled Ink
  • Mintman
    Free Member

Ive got a Sheaffer Prelude and a Lamy Studio fountain pen and they’ve both got the little plunger thing and I thought tha using bottled ink in both might save buying cartridges.

Any recommendations where to get ink or what to get that will suit both?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Any good stationers.

nealglover
    Free Member

…or what to get that will suit both?

Blue is most popular, but I personally prefer black 😉

Mintman
    Free Member

Blue is for girls, black is for men and blue/black for schoolboys. I shall be looking for black only..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So you know the ‘rules’ but you don’t know where to buy ink from?

Mintman
    Free Member

I know where to buy sheaffer cartridges and I know where to buy Lamy cartridges, the real nub of the question was the “recommendation” of third party ink.

My first foray into the world of bottled ink appears most hostile, I might remain in the far friendly world of black cartridges…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I use Cross ink, but then I have Cross pens! I also use Cross in my Pelikan and Conway Stewarts, though, so I’d be pretty sure that it would work well in your pens as well.

hautgrimpeur
    Free Member

Diamine inks are worth a look – good range of colours for work and the home. Work well in my Pelikan Souveran, as well as Quink and Pelikan anyway.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Blue is for girls, black is for men and blue/black for schoolboys. I shall be looking for black only..

Nonsense, real men use Imperial Purple.

maccruiskeen

I use green, but then I only use a pen for writing angry letters to the telegraph

mrmo
    Free Member

I use black parker ink, because it is easy to buy from Smiths when i go in to read the magazines

globalti
    Free Member

Blue or any colour other than black is vulgar, don’t you know?

mefty
    Free Member

I use green, but then I only use a pen for writing angry letters to the telegraph

Traditionally the colour used by the head of MI6.

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Wife has a fetish for fountain pens and get all her supplies from thewritingdesk.com.

I service the bikes wife services my pen which is why I am currently running a Lamy on purple ink, last time I let her decide the colour of the refill!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I service the bikes wife services my pen which is why I am currently running a Lamy on purple ink

If your wife is such a fan of the written word, perhaps you could ask her to introduce you to the wonderful art of punctuation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bottled Ink’ is closed to new replies.