Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Bottle of red wine every night…
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Too much?

Quite enjoying the sauce at the moment. I sometimes go for months without drinking but appear to be making up for it at the moment.

So, am I a raging alcoholic? Or is it okay cos wine is classy?

No negative symptoms at the mo, reasonably healthy – running or cycling every day, eating right, happy and content etc.

BUT…

Will my liver fall off or explode?

ctk
    Free Member

A bottle of wine per night, every night is too much

mattyfez

Well technically it’s too much.

But I have a couple of ales most evenings so I can’t be too judgemental.

bensales
    Free Member

Been there done that recently. Personally I think it’s too much and I’m cutting down/out.

tomd
    Free Member

It’s quite a lot. You’ll be exceeding the recommended weekly amount in 2 days.

mikey74
    Free Member

Jeez, and there’s me getting worried if I have one glass a night (which I don’t, now). I’d say too much, yes.

aracer
    Free Member
    maccruiskeen

How do you fancy a massive debilitating stroke?

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Definitely too much.

Approx 9/10 units a bottle. Makes 60-70 units a week. So 4-5 times recommended.

piemonster

It’s too much even if you seem to be coping.

A bottle of red wine would see me very ill and off work!

jambourgie
    Free Member

It goes in cycles though. I’m a man of extremes. Next month I’ll be asking whether six hours of meditation or three shards of crystal meth is too much per night.

So what I’m asking is: is it too much temporarily?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Depends who’s doing it…

piemonster

Personally I’d view it as too much if its several nights in a row. I’m a **** lightweight mind you!

Jamie
    Free Member

Depends who’s doing it…

You’re drunk right now, right?

maccruiskeen

Depends who’s doing it…

Actually – thats not really the question. How do your family fancy caring for you after a massive debilitating stroke? And losing their home without your income and having to sacrifice their own career to care for you?

Speaking as someone who’s friend and business partner used to drink a bottle of red a night.

Trimix
    Free Member

Of course its too much.

This is not a computer game – you only get one life. So dont **** it up.

wwaswas

It’s too much even temporarily.

Address why you’re drinking that much. Sorry if that sounds judgemental but you’re not drinking it for the taste alone.

jimjam
    Free Member

Spread it out over the whole day. Hth

jambourgie
    Free Member

Spread it out over the whole day. Hth

Even though I’d look like a lord, running with a glass of wine in ones hand would be difficult.

chakaping
    Free Member

Probably best to pop back to this thread in the morning if you’re already glugging the vino.

sparkyrhino

Bet you piss Vinegar 😯

jambourgie
    Free Member

Well here’s the thing. My booze tolerance must be sky high as I suffer no hangovers at present. I didn’t drink at all for the last three months of last year except one night where I had two pints of beer. Felt like death the next day…

corroded
    Free Member

No. I’m not a doctor. But in these situations I tend to ask what would Gerard Depardieu do? And the answer is three bottles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t mind me, just tucking in to a spot of brekker.

alpin
    Free Member

I used to go through phases of knocking back two or three glasses and then thinking “well, not much point in leaving the dregs for tomorrow” and rinsing the rest of the bottle.

Would easily clear five bottles a week. Although this used to be limited to winter, a cosy night in, a joint or two, some wholesome food….. Alas, not anymore.

winston
    Free Member

I’ll see your Depardieu and raise you an Ollie Reed

As for the op, I wouldn’t worry too much. Its midsummer and we all go a little ott around this much light.

mattyfez

Hey. Drinking rum in the morning does not mean you’re an alcoholic. It just means you’re a pirate.

mikey74
    Free Member

Well it didn’t take long for this thread to get sanctimonious (from some).

jambourgie
    Free Member

Would easily clear five bottles a week. Although this used to be limited to winter, a cosy night in, a joint or two, some wholesome food…

Mmm…

See I like a smoke as much as the next man. But with me, there’s no ‘wholesome food’ involved. Just twelve-packs of Mr Kiplings and pints of Nesquick.

spw3

Yes, I drink too much and that is twice as much as me.

bikebouy
    Free Member

jambourgie – Member
    So, am I a raging alcoholic?
    Or is it okay cos wine is classy?

POSTED 35 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Erm.. raging ? We don’t know you. Are you running around the back streets in your pants shouting at the dark ?
    Erm, wine ain’t classy. It’s nice, it’s ideal with food.. so are you eating too or just drinking a bottle and skipping the cheese ?
    Erm, your liver is inside your body. If yours is escaping it’s highly probable that you are drinking too much vino.

I’ve certainly done my fair share of a bottle a night (many years ago now, I had 34 bottles set down and after a particularly odd time in my mid 30’s drank the blooming lot in less than a month) hardly touch wine these days, in fact I had a nice large glass of Merlot last week but that’s the first in about 7mths.

I’d say carry on until you feel sick or can’t open another bottle, you may find you don’t touch the stuff again for years after that.

IANAD

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm, this thread is making me think a glass of wine would be nice…

(and for anybody worried about my liver, I think my current weekly total is one pint of beer and one glass of wine)

jambourgie
    Free Member

skipping the cheese

NEVER

jimdubleyou

My booze tolerance must be sky high as I suffer no hangovers at present.

That’s because you’re not having a hangover, you’re constantly pissed…

corroded
    Free Member

Just twelve-packs of Mr Kiplings and pints of Nesquick.

I might change my diagnosis now. Have you got good genes? You can get away with absolutely anything with those.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Dunno

I like to keep my constitution on its toes.

One year: booze and smokes. The next: Keto diet, juicing, yoga and ketamine.

LimboJimbo

Recently I saw a street drinker swigging from a bottle of red while I was on my way to work. I recall thinking what a superior class of vagrant Stratford on Avon boasted. If you find yourself among his social circle, you may have a problem.

slowoldman

It is too much but I find myself in the same mindset at the moment. Curse you Waitrose and your 25% discount.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I would definitely go and see a Doctor if I were you.

I went to see mine and he told me I had an enlarged liver. I said that’s great cos I drink fricken loads.

Put my mind right at rest.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

There must be at least one Lovey lush still alive to buck the trend?. Peter O’Pissed?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Bottle of red wine every night…’ is closed to new replies.