Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • bottle mounts x2 on a FS?
  • Steelsreal

Does it exist?

For very boring reasons can’t use a camelbak and in hot weather like to drink more than 750, and yes I know many on here would calculate my range with 2x 750 bottles as 4,672 miles but on days lime Saturday I can do a bottle in an hour or so….

So is there a FS France,e with two bottle cage mounts? Don’t mind a bottom of down tube one as that’s what my horse thief has got???

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why not get a seat post mount for an extra bottle rather than compromise the bike design. The places you put bottles tends to be popular for suspension components.

Steelsreal

Indeed tried a king cage stem cap mount, but that was a bit in the way and fell out if it got rough..

Seat mount not tried yet…

br
    Free Member

One bottle and top it up while out?

Superficial
    Free Member

Enduro bum-bag?

I’m pimping these because I want them to reach a critical mass where they become non-ridiculous to wear. I don’t really like wearing camelbaks either.

Steelsreal

mmm bum bag, has the wrong connotations really but have a mate who uses one so may be worth a bash…any links to them…

benp1

Montane batpack half price currently in blacks. Holders for two bottles

cookeaa

Enduro bum-bag?

I’m pimping these because I want them to reach a critical mass where they become non-ridiculous to wear. I don’t really like wearing camelbaks either.

I bought a bum bag pack/bottle holder ages ago and TBH while I wanted it to work it just didn’t, bounced about, ejected the bottle a couple of times, and was possibly more annoying than just putting up with a hot sweaty back…

But I’d still really like the concept maybe a 1.5L (Max) reservoir and enough space for a couple of tubes, some tools, wallet and phone but spread out a bit so its all stable and doesn’t bounce about on your arse while you’re Shredding Gnats… Does such awesomeness exist?

Steelsreal

Montane batpack half price currently in blacks. Holders for two bottles

thanks but due to various bits of meccano in my back i cannot a). wear one or b). sustain taking any significant weight on it..

so anything that weights over my shoulders is out, lower back is fine though, have a wingnut but with anyweight in like a reservoir it does not work… On my ECR not a problem as i have bottle bosses glaore but on FS keeping water on the frame is tricky…

Nobby
    scotroutes

A decent numbag will have elastic cords round the bottles to stop them from “ejecting. The Montane one is a good call. Be wary of overloading it though or it will get a bit bouncy.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What about those triathalon-type attachments for the back of the saddle? They hold two water bottles.

MSP

Camelback flashflo, 1.5ltr bladder in a bumbag

1/2 price at wiggle at the mo

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/camelbak-flashflo-hydration-belt-15l/

Steelsreal

mmm that camelbak looks okay, anyone know what bladder it has? Have an aversion to camelbak bladders due to aforementioned meccano being caused by one…

benp1

The Batpack is a bumbag or lumbar/waist bag. It’s not a rucksack so might work.

I was going to get one but have been very happy with my OMM 3l waist pouch

MSP

It is a 1.5 litre version of this

http://shop.camelbak.com/antidote-lumbar-reservoir-70-oz20l/d/50092_c_3100_cl_2190

Can’t see how a camelbak reservoir can have damaged your back?

You might also consider something like this to just carry a single bottle. Looks like it would hold it in place, and I have always been impressed by osprey kit.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/osprey-rev-solo-bottle-pack/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&utm_source=pla&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=uk&kpid=5360623435

Saccades
    Free Member

Centurion LRS?

Has a full hardtail front triangle with the suspension down the seatstay.

cookeaa

Hmmm,

Its a wile since I last looked at this and both those solutions look quite good actually.

I’m perhaps more tempted to try the camelbak, simply because a bladder/hose is more convenient on the bike and might also be more stable, I could adapt a bottle with a drinking hose I suppose but why bother when the bladder solution is available at the same price. plus the Camelbak looks a bit smaller and that might just stop me stuffing it full of crap…

Cheers chaps…

davidjey
    Free Member

My Cube AMS has two bottle cages*, although admittedly the seat tube one is a bit of a fudge. Firstly because front mech placement makes it fiddly to fit/remove a cage as clearance with the front mech is very tight. Secondly I struggle to get a 750ml bottle in that cage as it would be very close to the shock (mounted under the top tube). But it takes a 500-600ml bottle just fine. Mine’s the second to largest size, I would suspect smaller frames only come with one set of bottle mounts.

*and will be for sale soon if you’re interested 😉

Steelsreal

just spotted the osprey double thing on the montane shop link;

http://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/119670-osprey-talon-4-lumbar-pack.html#read_more

much a s i like the idea of a camelbak, i serioulsy have reservations, the filler lid did the damage for me oon a hard hit and even if that is just anecdotal, I have no desire to put one on a godd bit of my back 🙂

having said that if hydrapak still did their version of the low and wide bladder i could buty the camelbak bag and swap the bladder out…

benp1

The Camelbak pack doesn’t look very well rated if you have a bit of a google. However its more disliked by runners than bikers who will do more bouncing

cookeaa

I’ve read a few reviews of it now including this Pinkbike one

It should only need to accommodate water, tube, Wallet phone (Pump and go on the frame), from looking at the Montane that extra capacity could well lull me to carrying more stuff than I really need, more weight = more bounce, keep the weight down, hopefully the bounce won’t be so bad ,a lot of the reviewers seem to suggest wearing it a little higher in the small of your back/lumbar…

the only other slight concern would be the hose/clip, if it doesn’t hold on, or pulls my clothing about a bit Ican see my getting annoyed by it…

I think I might just give it a whirl for £20, I’d not even it consider at RRP…

Steelsreal

i’ve gone for the osprey one at £25 collect from local store…

In my mind the straps look more up to the job of stabilising the pack than the others, is tempting to go for that camelbak as well though…

benp1

Have you thought about other options?
    – feed bag for the bars (like an alpkit stem cell) to hold a bottle
    – other mounting options for bottles (bars, forks, headset etc)
    – frame bag to put in a camelbak

zippykona

My frame didn’t have a practical bottle mount. I got some cable tie bottle mount bolts from halfords and a fancy pants magnetic water bottle and mount. You could use a conventional cage.

richardthird

SiS do a 1 litre bottle

Yak

One of these cheapo ones

and

lash onto frame wherever it fits. Use the ‘feet’ where the mounting holes are so it doesn’t interfere with the bottle. Solid. Job done. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Epics have two, if not three, bottle cage mounts. Expensive way to get a couple of bottle mounts though. I used to stick a second bottle in my jersey pocket.

AdamML
    Free Member

Another bumbag with bladder is the Inov-8 RacePro 3 which holds a 1 litre reservoir. They used to do a 4 litre version, which holds a whole heap of kit.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘bottle mounts x2 on a FS?’ is closed to new replies.