Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Bottle cages are officially cool again
  • chakaping
    Free Member

On Sundays peaks pootle two blokes on carbon bling Santa Cruz’s rode past me with water bottles. I thought odd (?)

Now it makes sense. Fashion biking meets mimic fashion.

Yeah must’ve been Peaty and Ratboy, copying Sam Hill after seeing that pic.

mduncombe
    Free Member

I am a proper freak me. I ride with a Osprey hydration pack and a bottle.

The reason for the back pack is in the morning I just grab the backpack knowing that my tools, tube, windproof, gloves etc all there ready to go. No chance of forgetting anything, no hunting around at the last minute.

The reason for the bottle, hydration bladders are a pain to keep clean and just more faff than a bottle. I will use the bladder on longer summer rides.

The only thing is, I need to remember the bottle

rOcKeTdOg

Plus, even Sam Hill can’t persuade me that bottle don’t ruin the look of a bike.

I can only see the top tube & bars when I ride. You seriously wouldn’t ride because the bike didn’t look good?

That’s so STW, rather polish it & look at it than actually ride it 😐

munrobiker
    Free Member

I use bottles for XC races- they have a place there, being easy to refill and you’re carrying a bare minimum of kit. But repeatedly having mouthfuls of grit everytime you drink from it, restricting your drinking to bits of trails easy enough to reach down and grab the bottle and limited capacity don’t work for me. I’m carrying a backpack anyway on the mtb (extra layer and appropriate tools don’t fit in jersey pockets) so may as well put the water there.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Can someone re-explain the rules ‘cos I iz confused, if I’m on my XC bike with bottles I’m an out of touch XC Lycra fag boy yet if I’m using a bottle on my ENDURO bike I’m a fashion victim?

ahwiles
    Free Member

yep, that’s about the size of it.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can someone re-explain the rules ‘cos I iz confused, if I’m on my XC bike with bottles I’m an out of touch XC Lycra fag boy yet if I’m using a bottle on my ENDURO bike I’m a fashion victim?

According to Hora the Explorer, yep.

Not sure anyone else is too bothered though.

Northwind

mduncombe – Member

hydration bladders are a pain to keep clean

Amount of effort invested in keeping mine clean in the last year- zero. Amount of time washing bottles- more than zero.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

According to Hora the Explorer, yep.

He’s just upset the syndicate haven’t called back yet.

This thread and the winter FS one do well to remind me how many princesses there are out there 😉

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

😀 Awesome, I’m happy with that. Last time I rode ENDURO I also used a team Sky bottle, I can only imagine the frothing that’d cause…

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I can only see the top tube & bars when I ride. You seriously wouldn’t ride because the bike didn’t look good?

That’s not what I said is it? I do get pleasure out of thinking my bike looks good. Not ‘blingy-good’ but aesthetically pleasing.

hora
    Free Member

Missing the point.com.

Two blokes on very posh carbon Santa Cruz’s riding with water bottles, which coincides with the Enduro racing use.

I imagine they bought into the look. Rather than two modes of thinking matching up.

I’ll keep the camelbak- it weighs **** all on its own and why put a 1lb+ extra onto the weight of your bike? On your back you DONT notice it if you buy right and carry only the kit you need.

Only so much you can put in your pockets as well- plus would you like to fall/have an off onto tyre levers/keys or similar in your pocket?

ads678

I’ve come to the conclusions that in STWshire people can do absolutely bugger all without being judged by someone!

Lighten up people, drink from whatever you like, water bottle, camelpak, furry cup…….

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Could they make these different classes in enduro’s in future I, for one, don’t want to be judged along with people who keep their water in a …….

hora
    Free Member

I’ve come to the conclusions that in STWshire people can do absolutely bugger all without being judged by someone!

I sometimes wear baggies on a road bike. Couldn’t care less as I like walking cafe’s without ladies falling off their chairs laughing :mrgreen:

adsh
    Free Member

Water bottles allow you to judge how much you’ve drunk and can go in the dishwasher. When I have a sac on my back I spend the last 500ml wondering if it’s the last body temperature mouthful of mould enhanced fluid I’m going to get.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

which coincides with the Enduro racing use.

What enduro racing use? If you had ever been near a UKGE/Super Enduro/EWS race, you would see 90% of people wearing some form of bag. The ‘bottle only’ brigade is a serious minority.

But carry on, it’s great 🙂

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Two blokes on very posh carbon Santa Cruz’s riding with water bottles, which coincides with the Enduro racing use.
    I imagine they bought into the look. Rather than two modes of thinking matching up.

So many lulz! I’m not sure you ever really have a point though?

rOcKeTdOg

Or maybe they didn’t want to lug around a superfluous ruck sack when they were only out for 2-3 hours?

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Bottle cages are officially cool again’ is closed to new replies.