Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bottle cage without frame bolts?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Want to put a bottle cage on my Giant STP for this weekend, but the frame doesn’t have any bolts.
    Firstly, any recommendations on what cage to get (cheap please).

Secondly, how to attach? Obvious answer is zipties, but guessing it will rotate quite easily? To be honest I’m quite happy to stick some shoegoo on too to stop it spinning?

Ta, Duane.

tomhoward

http://www.camelbak.com has the answers you seek…

Failing that there are mounts for frames w/out mountings, based around a couple of jubilee clips iirc.

Is the stp the bike you’re doing the 24hr on? If you aren’t a tiny person, good luck! Your knees will need it!

user-removed
    Free Member
    tomhoward

Just seen your height, I hope you have a long seatpost and stem. 😯 I’d be looking to borrow a bigger bike (with bottle mounts, to bring back on topic!)

Good luck!

monkeyboyjc

There are various handle bar mounted cages/adaptors you can get, if you cant fit one to the seatpost – better than the seat post mount imo as it doesnt get covered in crap.

LINK

drofluf
    Free Member

You need a Two Fish Bottle cage. Like a regular cage but uses a velcro strap to fit to your frame

coatesy
    Free Member

Probably a touch late now, but if you have round tubes then DMR make clamp on bosses in various diameters, also used to mount their chain devices (pics on Upgradebikes website).

robh
    Duane…
    Free Member

Cheers, just got a standard one, and going to go wild with ductape/zipties/jubilee clips

STATO
    Free Member

2 jubilee clips will do fine, do that on my cross bike to get another cage on for long rides.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bottle cage without frame bolts?’ is closed to new replies.