Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bottle cage for small frame (bars / saddle ?)
  • sam_underhill

I need to get a bottle mounted on SWMBO’s small framed Trek Lush for an off road duathlon. Normally she rides with a pack so hydration is resolved that way, but for the event we definitely need to find a bottle or bike mounted solution.

Is there anything available that can be used on the bars / stem? I think I’ve seen some kind of mounts that triathletes use behind the saddle.

any other bright ideas?

Nobby
    sam_underhill

Looks just the job Nobby. Thinking about it, that would be 500g ish of lop sided weight on the bars which might be a bit off putting. No difference to a USE light though I suppose.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Can you not use a cage in the normal place? Bontrager make a side entry cage especially for small spaces that happens to be a very good cage in its own right. 🙂

sam_underhill

I don’t think it’s even got cage mounts (although this is an assumption I’ve made without actually checking). It’s a 15.5″ frame, simply doesn’t look like there’s space for a bottle. But I will check, that’s god info thanks PP.

Nobby

One either side of the stem would balance it up 😉

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Is there enough seatpost showing to install one of there:

From here.

wwaswas

Scroll down a bit on this page; there’s hundreds of solutions on there;

http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/

although there’s some stupid pictures of women when you get past the cage mount bit that are nsfw and then it gets ok again.

haydenw
    Free Member

One of these? LINK

cinnamon_girl

I ride 16″ frames and can get 2 bottle cages on all bikes. One bottle needs to be 500ml size, other is 750ml – the Bontrager side entry cages are excellent.

I have also used a bar mounted one and *I think* it’s this one:

http://www.topeak.com/products/Bottle-Cages/cagemount

Didn’t move, stayed in place and never lost a bottle. I would however avoid the Minoura one, that was rubbish.

Edit: Have also ridden 14″ frames but could only manage one bottle cage.

cinnamon_girl

Hmmm, let me go and check in my woman cave as I may be giving wrong info here!

cinnamon_girl

OK, an update …

Mine is identical to the Tesco one but there doesn’t appear to be a manufacturer’s name on it. Sorry but don’t have the Topeak one then. 😳

teasel
    Free Member

although there’s some stupid pictures of women when you get past the cage mount bit that are nsfw and then it gets ok again.

In the last pic – is the bit that’s censored the bottle holder…?

I’m confused…

jonba
    Free Member

If you can physically fit a bottle in then a side loading one might work. I have one on my full suss as the shock gets in the way of a normal one.

Under the downtube or on top of the opt tube. Problems there but it could work.

cinnamon_girl

Jeez, I really am so not with it today. 😳

Thought we were talking about a hardtail!

I can’t get a bottle cage on my full suss but don’t want to put mount on carbon bar either.

cinnamon_girl

Here’s mine:

sam_underhill

Thanks folks. Lots of info there to get me going.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bottle cage for small frame (bars / saddle ?)’ is closed to new replies.