Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bottle cage for limited space – YT Jeffsy
  • swillybey
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    What bottle / bottle cage do you use on your bikes with limited space in the frame? A mate has a YT Jeffsy and is looking for something to fit in there.
    Cheers.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

I got a side loading cage from Halfords, cheap and it works, i’m using it for my Norco though, i can fit a 750ml bottle in there.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The YT one, dear, but fits.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I have the Jeffsy one (thirstmaster 300000 or whatever).

My 3 comments are

HOW MUCH!!!!

and if he does buy it, Google the problems with the bottles falling out, I spent my first ride with it going back to look for mine at least 3 or 4 times. The fix is velco and so far it seems to work.

And again, HOW MUCH!!!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Im sure y’all saved enough on the jeffsy to afford a bottle….

Simwit

I think they redesigned the cage because of the self ejecting bottles, certainly I’ve had no trouble with my 2 month old set even battering it down rocky Peaks descents. I’ve read that people have had success with a Specialized side load cage minus it’s mount bracket but that the bottom of the bottle rubs against the frame using that. Yes the YT cage/bottle set is expensive but it just fits correctly.

russyh
    Free Member

They have fixed the thirstmasters I have not ejected a. Title from mine in 3 months of ownership including ard rock, BPW and other enduro races

BoardinBob

In a weird coincidence I found an alternative.

The Specialized Zee cage and this Torq bottle

https://www.torqfitness.co.uk/acatalog/info_201.html

I have a Spesh Enduro and I fitted a Vivid R2C coil shock recently which meant a standard 500ml bottle doesn’t fit

I tried to find a compact one that wasn’t the YT one but couldnt so had to bite the bullet and buy the YT kit which fits.

However, I’m just using the Zee cage that I had before with the bottle. I was on a ride last weekend and found an abandoned Torq bottle and I thought it looked very similar to the YT, size wise.

Popped it in my cage and it fits perfectly!

Plus my mate with a Jeffsy uses the Zee cage as he broke the carbon YT one and they won’t sell the cage or bottles separately

TL:DR – Zee cage and a 500ml Torq bottle definitely works

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bottle cage for limited space – YT Jeffsy’ is closed to new replies.