Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bottle cage
  • 663sqd
    Free Member

Hi all, trying to establish what is a decent bottle cage and would suit the titanium frame of my cotic soda I am building up. .

Mainly for xc use/race. .

Something lightweight. .

I am using some hope red running gear so maybe something to match? What a tart, . Can’t believe I am posting this. .

Tom83

If you do a search, i think it was njee20 who recommended a titanium lightweight cage a while back that he uses/used for racing on an older thread.

HTH.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

King cage. The end. I’ve had one years, not cheap but Ti and light and strong. (Nothing to do with Chris King BTW)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    663sqd
    Free Member

Will do Tom thanks

Blazin, you know good place to buy from?

663sqd
    Free Member

Sigma doing king cage for £45 seem about right?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Blackburn Slick cage. It looks flimsy but has worked well, with the bottle being retained even on rougher trails. At 23g its light but at less than a tenner is as light as more exotic ti cages. I think I paid £7 for mine.

663sqd
    Free Member

They look good too and obviously a lot cheaper. . Maybe go for that first and if dont get on will go for the king cage . . Both have good reviews. .
    So anyone recommend good bottles for racing that will last and not leak? I’ve had the camelback ones but a little big for short races. .

Cougar

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m perplexed as to why anyone would pay fifty quid for Ti to save a couple of grams over a plastic bottle cage when you’re going to be sticking a pound of liquid in it.

I got a plastic one the same brand as my bike, weighs about as much as a butterfly’s fart and was under a tenner.

Macavity
    Free Member

somafunk

Normal bottle cages are so last year, i use two of these on my Cove Hummer and they are fantastic, very unobtrusive and they locate the bottle very firmly.

Vincero Designs bottle cage

mamadirt
    Free Member

How about a bird cage?

Almost makes me want a new frame with cage mounts.

njee20
    Free Member

If you do a search, i think it was njee20 who recommended a titanium lightweight cage a while back that he uses/used for racing on an older thread.

He’s right! I use (and recommend) Mt Zoom ti cages. Much cheaper than King, work very well.

663sqd
    Free Member

Bought a MT Zoom ti. .well made and looks the part. . Comes
    With bling red bolts. . Which conveniently matches my hope red kit on my being built soda. . Nice

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bottle cage’ is closed to new replies.