Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bose Soundlink Mini or UE Boom?
  • Dogsby

Hi All,

I am considering purchasing a Bluetooth speaker and have narrowed it down to the Bose or UE (probably) and am now a bit stuck. I reckon the UE is probably more robust but the Bose seems to have better sound quality.

Any experience of either out there?

Cheers

Dogsby

Duffer
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the UE, but we have the Bose and it’s awesome.

Great sound, plenty loud enough, plenty of battery life, and a really robust feeling piece of kit. Well recommended.

Bose do a 30-day no question return if you’re not sure.

chewkw
    Free Member

If you are not carrying it around for outdoor activities then go for Bose with better sound quality, if not I would go for UE as their sound quality is not far off Bose. I like both but I think I may go for UE as I can hang it on the wall or ceiling.

I remember spending nearly two hours killing time while waiting for my flight at the airport comparing these two speakers.

Not sure why I bothered testing them out as I don’t listen to music anymore. However, I got a new iPod given to me for free but never used it so I was tempted to get one … :mrgreen:

chewkw
    Free Member
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have the Bose.

I normally hate Bose stuff and I thought the Bose Soundlink II was pretty pants, but when the mini is given a bit of EQ (up the mid-range/top a bit) it sounds pretty decent.

It conveys a lot of bass – think of it as sounding like a small club soundsystem rather than a hifi system.

It has a particularly tuneful, head-nod inducing, bass.

I use it as my speakers on the PC when not traveling and I use EqualizerEPO as an eq :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

with this GUI as a controller :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/

and something similar on the tablet/phone when using bluetooth.

CountZero

TurnerGuy, what EQ app do you use for mobile? I use EQu, it was the first one I found that allowed me to adjust a curve by setting points, and save various curves for different headphones, but I’m always prepared to try alternatives.

eskay

I don’t listen to music anymore. 

what, why, how. …..

lodious
    Free Member

I know it’s neither of the ones you are looking at, but I demo’d the Bose against the Lowe Speaker2go and the Lowe was miles better IMHO…well worth the extra £30.

Fat-boy-fat

I’ve got the Boss and have to say it gives an amazing performance for something so small. Great piece of kit for a travelling speaker. I’d highly recommend it.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have been using AnEQ, for no particular reason though. I will try the one you use as it sounds more sophisticated.

The Loewe one and the Soundlink III are all quite a bit bigger though and a lot heavier, which is more of a disadvantage for something you are travelling with.

CountZero

This is a screen-grab of EQu set up for my Etymotics. Once you’ve set up a curve, you can move the whole thing up or down, to either boost or cut the overall volume. I’ve got a series set up for my Apple EarPods, Shure SE215’s, and my UE SuperFi 3 Studio’s. My TripleFi 10 Pro’s are flat, they don’t need EQ.

batfink
    Free Member

A vote here for the UE Boom….. love it, and you can take it into the shower.

Dogsby

Many thanks to all for your advice and experience. If I am honest I think I really want the Bose as it seems like an excellent system for the sound but the UE is/looks more robust and is waterproof(ish) so for pool side on holiday or family camping I think it gets the vote. The only issue now is which colour!!

Cheers

Dogsby

chewkw
    Free Member

eskay – Member

I don’t listen to music anymore.

what, why, how. …..

Don’t know as I can’t seem to find music that I like no matter how I try. When I am driving I let it be with whatever music is on the radio station. A bit like background noise. 🙂

Dogsby – Member
    The only issue now is which colour!!

As bright a colour as you can get … well that’s my preference anyway for all outdoor stuff. Easy to find and to locate. :mrgreen:

chewkw
    Free Member

Bose Soundlink Mini vs UE Boom

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4ca62UzKaU[/video]

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Yes, I think I listened to that just before I bought the Bose, through decent shure headphones. The Bose does sound better in that, and having got one in real life and hearing the difference again on that video, I am sure glad I didn’t get the ue!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bose Soundlink Mini or UE Boom?’ is closed to new replies.