Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bose soundlink alternatives?
  • iolo
    Free Member

I’m about to order a Bose soundlink mini 2. Are there any alternatives I should be considering? I’m looking for something with similar sound quality.
    Where’s cheapest to buy one?

FuzzyWuzzy

Riva S gets good reviews for it’s sound, not bought one myself though

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I had the earlier version which I think sounds the same. Nioce enough and a pretty decent base which is quite tuneful.

But I’ve now got a JBL Extreme which is considerably better and doesn’t get so congested at higher volumes. The Bose is great is you feed it the type of music it likes, the JBL is more capable.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Where are you planning to use it? What sort of music?

alexxx
    Free Member

Isn’t the JBL Flip more equivalent to the mini2 the Extreme is bigger than a Soundlink 1

MSP

The JBL’s seem to have the edge soundwise in most reviews.

The UE boom or megaboom are not quite as musically capable but have the advantage of being waterproof, which give them the overall edge for me. My finger is hovering over the buy button for a megaboom at the moment.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Booms are a very different style.

I hovered over the Boom and MegaBoom for a while (pretty sure one of them fits perfectly in a bike bottle cage – saw (heard) someone rattling down a trail in Wales with what looked like one recently)

I wanted something packable and in the end bought a UE Roll. Really well made bit of kit. Impressively loud for it’s size. Very happy with it. A neighbour has one of the Bose.

Absolute sound quality kind of depends on the environment you’re going to use it in.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Boom 2 here. Water resistant and great battery. Just the job.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bose soundlink alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.