Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BOSE Acoustimass advice
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi.

Thinking of getting a used model (Acoustimass 3, Series IV, which has a passive bass module, rather than powered) for some discreet lounge speakers. I know the sound won’t be the best (compared to conventional speakers), but they will be discreet and able to take advantage of some previously installed speakers (Bose dual cubes from another Acoustimass system, left mounted in place) and wire.

Will an Acoustimass module (that comes with a single speaker cube) be able to drive dual cubes from the more expensive Bose modules? They are not the very small ‘jewel’ speaker modules that I think require a different Acoustimass (powered) module all together.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

All I can say is I once heard one of these (not sure if it was a powered or passive ‘subwoofer’) but noticed that it put an awful lot of the audio signal through the subwoofer which meant it wasn’t really a subwoofer, or even stereo for a lot of the signal.

Therefore you would need to be careful that the ‘sub’ was somewhat centrally placed. Subwoofers should cut off sharply at 100Hz or you can hear where they are, so you then can’t place it ‘anywhere’. This sub was definitely placeable…

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Passive bose systems are driven from the amplifier not from the accoustimas module

Are the dual cube speakers passive or active ?

gribble
    Free Member

Hi,

Thanks both for your comments. The Dual Cube are passive (so as far as I know all are driven from the main amp).

The frustrating thing is that they have been built in at opposite corners of a room, so hardly an ideal position.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BOSE Acoustimass advice’ is closed to new replies.