Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bosch Tassimo
  • jokerdave
    Free Member

Looking at this
    Tassimo
    Are they any good?

druidh
    Free Member

I just got one via my Tesco vouchers. The Costa coffee is really nice, as is the Cadburys hot chocolate and the Cappucino. I’m thinking of buying a sample pack off ebay to try some of the rest.

A bit of an expensive “system” to be using for every hot drink though.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Friend has one, or very similar. I don’t like it and wouldn’t buy one and have noticed that she doesn’t use it that much either.

mrmoofo

It is the Kraft version of Nespresso

TBH by good coffee and a caffetiere (?) and you will get better coffee than either and you are not tied to a lifestyle product

deft
    Free Member

Tried one, the coffee is ok I guess. The main thing I object to with these machines however is having to use a plastic pod for every single cup. Cafetiere + bag of beans/coffee or whatever is about as low impact as you can get, and the coffee is probably even better.

Frankers
    Free Member

i bought one for the office and really don’t like the coffee is pumps out, sitting there doing nothing with box loads of pods

Not my best purchase

cbike
    Free Member

Yay! Industrial Estate or 1980’s swimming pool Catering in your own home…Watery bovril and slippery hot chocolate…Haud me back.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Invest a little more

And then you can use whatever coffee you want made exactly how you like it.

atlaz
    Free Member

Tried Tassimo. Tried Senseo. Tried Nespresso. Only one I’m happy with the results of is the latter and even then it’s a “I need a coffee quickly” option not every coffee I have. Your mileage may vary.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tassimo system only generates 3-4 bar steam pressure. Nespresso system generates 19 bar, like a barista machine. It makes a difference

M6TTF
    Free Member

have one at home – for a quick coffee its fine – i like the colombian stuff, cant remember who makes it though !- but thenagain, im not a coffee snob

GrahamS

Tassimos break.

Shame cos they are a clever system. They use a bar code on the pods to adjust pressure, heat and amount of water depending on what you are making, so you get very consistent coffee.

But, in my experience at least, the internal hoses leak after a while causing it to short out and trip your circuit breaker.

Having researched how to fix it this seems to be a common problem and they are not designed to let you inside easily to fix them.

Google for “tassimo leak” and you’ll see plenty of other people have this.

jokerdave
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, think i’ll stick with the french press. Was just thinking about one for a quick drink when in a rush.
    this place is 5 mins from me
    tea merchants
    is it worth getting a grinder insted?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

TBH by good coffee and a caffetiere (?) and you will get better coffee than either and you are not tied to a lifestyle product

I have a basic nespresso and a milk frother and the coffee is very good, much nicer than Cafetiere and very easy to use and get great results. Again I’m not a coffee snob but anyone I’ve given a coffee to has really enjoyed it. Very easy to make latte, cappuccino, etc.

zilog6128

It is the Kraft version of Nespresso

It really isn’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bosch Tassimo’ is closed to new replies.