Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • BOS vs FOX… there is only one way to find out… FIGHT!
  • dans160
    Free Member

How stiff are the devilles compared to the 36s?

messiah
    Free Member

How stiff are the devilles compared to the 36s?

Not a lot of difference. If you use the 36 as a benchmark there is a little more twang; i.e. when really pushing under hard braking into rocks I thought perhaps a slight feeling of the fork tucking under and twanging back. I used to get the same sensation on my 180mm single crown Travis and 170mm Sherman forks, but it doesn’t effect the ride and only happens when your in the soup anyway. I noticed no difference on the steering flex and the bike goes where you point it which is a rather good trait 😀

ianpinder
    Free Member

Entonox,

My 2011 floats were like that. When I stripped them down (4 rides old) there was no oil inside of them put some oil in then and they were much much better. Still bought devilles though.

dans160
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback chaps! Still in a quandry about upgrading my current bike, so still at the ‘research’ phase or saving up for a DH bike because I really, really want one.

Chainline
    Free Member

160 Devilles are a little bit stiffer than the 170, naturally I guess, but that’s the feedback, and no noticeable difference to a 36.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘BOS vs FOX… there is only one way to find out… FIGHT!’ is closed to new replies.