Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BOS Void
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

New shock and new pump.

Pump up to required pressure but can’t get pump of without most of the air being released.

Is it the shock or pump that has the issue?

jamj1974

Check the valve core is tight and also that the valve itself is properly screwed in. I have had a valve loosen once…

jamj1974

Also is it a Topeak pump? If so they have an unusual fitting to help prevent air loss. If you don’t use it correctly it let’s more air out.

canopy
    Free Member

three things..

1) i have a raleigh shock pump that won’t pump my rear shock (fox rp23), pin isn’t long enough. (works ok for my fox forks, and some marz. bombers on my old bike)

2) i bought a bontrager shock pump for the rear. its great. (and over twice cost of raleigh one)

3) most shock pumps make you you disconnect in the right order (stages) by doing pin then the hose attachment. in that system the noise is the air leaving he hose not the shock

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

ThAnks, valve was sticking out a few mm. took it out and back in. Just a little hiss and not the long hiss.

Bike hut pump so was sure it was to blame. Any better pumps? I thought most were the same with a branded face. The fox pump was the same as the bike hut IMO.

jamj1974

My Bos and Fox ones are both ok, as is the small Topeak one I have in my pack.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BOS Void’ is closed to new replies.