Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bos Vip'r Vs Fox CTD Kashima
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

currently selling my DSP Dueler on my nomad and looking to replace it with a CTD kashima or a Bos Vip’r.
    any of you guys had dealing with either??
    never really got on with air cans but want to give it one more go

recipher
    Free Member

What size of shock do you need?

I’m about to sell a brand new CTD kashima. Chances are it’s the wrong size, but you never know.

Mine is 7.5 x 2 (190 x 50).

recipher
    Free Member

Ignore me, I see the Nomad needs a bigger shock.

cubemeup
    Free Member

ok ignored 😆

jairaj

I tried the Transition Bandit with a Fox RP23 (non kashima) and Rock Shox Monarch. I found very little difference between the two, they both felt pretty good. I know the RP23 is not the same as CTD but its very similar.

When I bought the frame I got BOS Vipr upgrade for only £50, spoke to a few people who said it would be worth it so I took the risk and went for it.

Turned out it feels amazing! It was more supple than either shock but also had much better controlled damping. There was a noticeable increase in rear grip and the rear was much more composed in rough sections. Also was more controlled from big landings; it recovers quickly ready to take the next hit but without springing you off the bike.

Service intervals are quite big too, even for very regular riding an oil change and full service is only needed once a year. Or if you only ride occasionally then your can push the full service to once every two years

Note I never felt the need to use the pro-pedal on any shock with the Bandit. Maybe some difference would be felt if I used the pro-pedal?

ruscle
    Free Member

I agree completely with jairaj. Switched to a Vip’R from a RP23 kashima on my Yeti ASR5 and it completely transformed the rear end. You can also get the roller bearing kit with the Vip’R instead of bushes which is soon much better. The only problem Is you will want to match it to a BOS Deville fork, which I would highly recommend doing. BOS kit is much better than anything Fox put out, the rebound and compression settings actually make a difference when you change them, unlike Fox where you just end up kidding yourself that you can feel the extra compression on the forks! Like jairaj I never used the pro pedal settings, just preferring to leave it on fully open. Will always want BOS kit on my bike from now on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bos Vip'r Vs Fox CTD Kashima’ is closed to new replies.