Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BOS idylle setup
  • jk1980
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anyone here have experience in setting up BOS Idylles at all please?

I have a set of the 2015 Idylle Rare FCVs and they just feel incredibly harsh on the factory settings. They’ve had a few outings so it can’t be bedding in. According to the manual the psi for my weight should be 194psi, but I know BOS do sometimes make mistakes in their manuals, is there any chance that’s a mistake?! I’m around 85kgs, so curious what other people are running?

This is on a 650b YT Tues if that helps

Cheers

jamj1974

Have you inflated them in stages? I know with Devilles you inflate them in 1 bar increments and cycle the fork a 15-20 times after each increment? That balances the negative spring and could help make them more plush.

jk1980
    Free Member

Thanks

I’ve not pumped them up using that method, just because I can’t see anywhere in the manual that says you should pump in 15 psi increments. What I have done is move them 10 times through the first inch of travel every time after changing the pressure

bruneep

Air Chamber Equalization
    You must equalize the positive and negative air chambers each time you adjust your pressures. If the air chambers are
    not equalized, the fork will not function properly.
    Use the following instructions:
    During the pressure adjustment, compress and release the fork over the first inches of travel 5-10 times to equalize air
    pressure between chambers. Once this step is done, you’re ready to roll!

Empty air then add a small amount and compress then add more air and so on until you get to your pressure.

I take the BOS pressures with a pinch of salt I’m running 15 psi less than they recommend on my Devilles.

jk1980
    Free Member

Thanks – that’s somewhat reassuring that it’s not just me. Running them at 175 today felt better, running at 150 felt super smooth but will be no good for tougher tracks of course.

honourablegeorge

The Devilles could get airlocked – not sure if the Idylle is same – but when you let all the air out, they should suck down. If they don’t a zip tiw carefully inserted between seal and stanchion (both sides) would let the air out and sort th problem.

I found that the air pressure settings were way off initially, but turned out I had this issue – this fix corrected it and they were great after that

jk1980
    Free Member

George what do you mean by suck down? Do you just mean fully compress?

jamj1974

By suck down he means that they sag under the weight of the bike only as you remove all pressure from the fork.

honourablegeorge

jk1980 – Member
    George what do you mean by suck down? Do you just mean fully compress?

When you let the air out, the forks shorten – more than just sagging under thw eight of the bike

jk1980
    Free Member

Thanks guys – I will let all the air out of them tonight and see what happens

jamj1974

Yes, sorry George. I meant the forks compress without rider weight.

honourablegeorge

jamj1974 – Member
    Yes, sorry George. I meant the forks compress without rider weight.

Right, get what you mean now, exactly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BOS idylle setup’ is closed to new replies.