Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Borkedkneerehabilitationtrackworld – Anyone know about "Exercise Bikes"?
  • freddyg
    Free Member

Over a year ago, my wife slipped and dislocated her knee damaging her cruciate and some other bits inside.

After surgery and (a bit of) physio, she’s up on her feet and wanting to get her knee moving somewhat normally again.

The physio advised getting an exercise bike; we’ve been looking around but haven’t got a clue what we’re looking for!

Out budget is pretty small – max of £150 unfortunately – and we have found this ( clicky-linky-thingy ). Is it worth considering or is there something better available for the dosh?

Ta!

stufield
    Free Member

Where a bouts are you based, I have a tack Elite turbo trainer I was going to list in classifieds – £50

Everything you need

Turbo trainer
    Front wheel Riser
    700c / 29er Turbo trainer tire

That would work and be less likely to become clothes horse in years to come

igm

Bike and turbo sounds like a better bet than an exercise bike (easier to get a better fit and position than on a one size fits all exercise bike), but I’d talk to the physio first.

stumpy01

Turbo trainer would be a better solution, I think.

freddyg
    Free Member

Thanks chaps – but a turbo trainer is not the way MrsG wants to go. I wouldn’t mind having one, but it’s not for me.

tonyd

Spinning bike FTW, you can pick up Schwinn ones for a decent price on eBay, example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Trac-Johnny-G-Spinner-Pro-Spinning-Bike-/171159583481?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_ExerciseFitness_ExerciseBikes_JN&hash=item27d9e7faf9

Great for rehab work as your knee stays in one plane, and excellent for beasting yourself in the garage through the winter 🙂

freddyg
    Free Member

Thanks Tony. I’ll have a chat about that one with MrsG when I get home.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Borkedkneerehabilitationtrackworld – Anyone know about "Exercise Bikes"?’ is closed to new replies.