Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Boris Town Triathlon.
  • Wally

Anybody else doing it?
    Just realised my mile swim starts at 7.30am! Crikey.
    Obviously leaving it 3 days before the event to read the racepack is normal.
    Starting to dawn on me this is a bigger event than I can visualise.

allthepies
    Free Member

Where’s Boris Town ? Sounds like some dystopian nightmare ghetto where aging lefties are sent to die.

😉

steve-g
    Free Member

I did it last year, it’s brilliant.

The water has the visibility of pea soup and tastes of diesel, the cycle route is gently undualating but at one point you go through the limehouse link, bombing down there has to be the fastest I have even been on a bike. I over did it on the bike and the run was pure farce, took me 55 minutes to do the 10k, and a few of those minutes were spent laying on the floor while strangers stretched cramps out of my legs…..ahhh the memories

I’ll do it again next year I think

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s a great laugh, certainly watching it is. It passes along the Highway and you get quite a lot of crowds jeering and shouting. You’re brave to jump into the Docks, but they have been tested for gunk so you should be fine 😆
    Enjoy it, a few in the office are doing it and expect Monday will see fewer of them turn up until Wednesday 😆

mike_p
    Free Member

Rather you than me… I hope they re-test the water after the deluges we had earlier this week. I did the London tri in 1998 & 1999 and there are no circumstances under which I’d willingly jump in the Royal Docks again, and I speak as someone who’s done tris with swims in the Thames & Severn!

Wally

Not reading the race pack caused the 40K bike ride to be 60K – whoops.
    29min (mile) swim, 1hr47min cycle (60K) and a 56min 10K run (I hate running) 3hr 24min total and yes, I’ll do it next year! Well 40K next time and beat 3hr.

njee20
    Free Member

60k? Bit weird.

Good effort.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I’m guessing you took a wrong turn or did an extra lap!?

flip
    Free Member

I saw it yesterday i got off the cable car with my son and there it was!

Wally

Yes – extra lap on bike, missed the return cut back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Boris Town Triathlon.’ is closed to new replies.