Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Boris Johnsons Conference speech
  • hora
    Free Member

Whether you like him or not. Gusto and passion delivered by a character mr Milliband. Listen and take notes. A Mayor ffs not a cabinent minister.

thegreatape
    Free Member

He’s not a real mayor though is he. That’s just his stage name. Like ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson and so on.

crikey
    Free Member

Hurrah for style over substance!
    Hurrah for bread and circuses!
    Hurrah for the dimness that characterises politics in the UK…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Adolf Hitler apparently delivered speeches with much gusto and passion, and gawd bless ’em, he was a bit of a “character” too. Personally I need more than gusto and passion, I need to agree with the policies…… I’m funny like that.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Gusto and passion delivered by an idiot.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and well received by one 😉

scaredypants

Adolf Hitler apparently delivered speeches with much gusto and passion, and gawd bless ’em, he was a bit of a “character” too

Bit early for a Godwin ernie 🙂

And besides, he got the buses to run on time, hey ??
    Maybe Boris should try a little moustache – next month, say

bikebouy
    Free Member

Passion and gesticulation delivered by a media spinatorist.

I think the lads got something going for him.

Make him Mayor I say.

grum
    Free Member

I’d rather go for a pint with Boorish Johnson than Ed Millibland, but I wouldn’t want either of them running the country TBH. Of the two I’d prefer Ed by a country mile though.

br
    Free Member

That’s a Marcus Brigstocke quote

“never vote for people just because they are a good orator, its just good schooling”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Bit early for a Godwin ernie

It’s never too early to mention Godwin’s scaredypants. TBH I’m surprised it took 4 minutes.

hora
    Free Member

Better than a red. A good red is a dead red.

crikey
    Free Member

Better than a red. A good red is a dead red.

If brains were dynamite, you wouldn’t have enough to blow your own nose.

aracer
    Free Member

Whether you like him or not

You appear to have found a few nots.

vinnyeh

If brains were dynamite, you wouldn’t have enough to blow your own nose.

I don’t know. That seems like a shot in the foot to me.

crikey
    Free Member

That seems ilk a shot in to foot to me.

Eh?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I would absolutely love it if Boris Johnson became PM*

(*if I wasn’t British and didn’t live here)

hora
    Free Member

Crikey I’d call your lass round to do it (again) 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d be very happy to share a meal with Boris he seems like he’d be good company, but I didn’t vote for him as mayor (twice) and i wouldn’t vote for him as prime minister.

As mayor of London I can’t think of one good thing that he has done other than wander around being Boris and amusing people, maybe that is enough for some people.

crikey
    Free Member

Crikey I’d call your lass round to do it (again)

She’d eat you for breakfast, again… Er….. 😆

igrf
    Free Member

I wish there were more politicians like Boris, in that they’ve actually worked in the real world. It says a lot about society, that we’d rather be lead by boring, lying, cheating scum than someone who cheers you up, is very bright, classically educated, and has a wry wit.

Lifer
    Free Member

igrf – Member
    I wish there were more politicians like Boris, in that they’ve actually worked in the real world. It says a lot about society, that we’d rather be lead by boring, lying, cheating scum than someone who cheers you up, is very bright, classically educated, and has a wry wit.

And is lying, cheating scum.

But look at his silly hair! Arf arf

vinnyeh

I’m assuming there’s a good dose of irony in those sentences…

Upon graduating from Oxford, he spent only a week as a management consultant at L.E.K. Consulting:
    Try as I might, I could not look at an overhead projection of a growth profit matrix, and stay conscious.
    He then became a trainee reporter for The Times. Within a year, he was sacked for falsifying a quotation from his godfather, Colin Lucas, later Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University.[24] After a short time as a writer for the Wolverhampton Express & Star, he joined The Daily Telegraph (1987) as leader and feature writer and was the paper’s European Community correspondent (1989-94). He served as Assistant Editor (1994-99). In 1995, a recording of a telephone conversation was made public revealing a plot by a friend to physically assault a News of the World journalist. Johnson retained his position at The Telegraph as there was no evidence that he intended to provide information that would facilitate the assault of the journalist, even though he promised under pressure to provide this information. His association with The Spectator began as political columnist (1994-95); and, in 1999, he became the Editor, where he stayed until December 2005 upon being appointed Shadow Minister for Higher Education.
    He wrote an autobiographical account of his experience of the 2001 election campaign Friends, Voters, Countrymen: Jottings on the Stump. He is also author of three collections of journalism, Johnson’s Column, Lend Me Your Ears and Have I Got Views For You. His comic first novel Seventy-Two Virgins was published in 2004,[25] and his next book will be The New British Revolution, though he has put publication on hold until after the London Mayoral election.[26] He was nominated in 2004 for a British Academy Television Award and has attracted several unofficial fan clubs and sites. His official website and blog started in September 2004.
    Johnson is a popular historian; and his first documentary series, The Dream of Rome, comparing the Roman Empire and the modern-day European Union, was broadcast in 2006.
    After being elected Mayor, he announced that he would be resuming his weekly column for The Daily Telegraph. The Guardian reported that he had agreed to a £250,000 annual salary for doing so. The report added that he will donate £25,000 each towards two scholarships: one for students of Journalism, and the other for the teaching of Classics

crikey
    Free Member

is very bright, classically educated, and has a wry wit.

Which he uses to camouflage his elitist, essentially Tory, political and therefore untrustworthy statements.

Open yer eyes!

grum
    Free Member

It says a lot about society, that we’d rather be lead by boring, lying, cheating scum than someone who cheers you up, is very bright, classically educated, and has a wry wit.

It says a lot that you think someone ‘cheering you up’, and being classically educated and witty are important qualifications for leading the country.

Pigface
    Free Member

The man is a twunt

Kryton57

hexhamstu – Member

Sure about that? He’s achieved a fair bit in this here Londinium…

druidh
    Free Member

Whereas Ed Miliband has the Labour Party.

loum
    Free Member

IMO, more of a Benito Mussolini clone than AH.
    Especially if it’s a wig.

Lifer
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    “crikey » > is very bright, classically educated, and has a wry wit.
    Which he uses to camouflage his elitist, essentially Tory, political and therefore untrustworthy statements.”
    Whereas Ed Miliband has the Labour Party.

BOOM!

kimbers

he also lied saying 60% of cyclists involved in traffic accidents had been breaking the law at the time

the actual figure is 6%

the thing is he lies in a very convincing manner so people are happy to accept whatever he spouts

julianwilson
    Free Member

He certainly is a lot more of an “operator” than he would like us to think. I reckon even that thing at the olympics where he got stuck in a harness up in the air was engineered.

Kryton57

the thing is he lies in a very convincing manner so people are happy to accept whatever he spouts

Who are you talking about, Milliband, Johnson, or Ronald McDonald?

al2000

Yeah, lovely man, good old Boris, what a legend eh?

http://boris-johnson.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/boris-johnson-and-darius-guppy.html

kimbers

Who are you talking about, Milliband, Johnson, or Ronald McDonald?

johnson– milliband isnt very convincing!

hora
    Free Member

If he didnt have a posh accent/background youd respect him more.

Good old Boris. I still 😮 at his truck/bicycle close miss. Yes he says some silly things but he IS a grafter IMO.

The BBC referred to him as the Conference comedy act. That is firmly Osborne/Clegg and the dull PMs job.

binners

Please god make him Tory leader! Have you noticed how all his fans are from London (apart from the odd stray idiot). When it comes to anyone outside London voting for him…. Well let’s see how that one plays out

hora
    Free Member

Binners youd vote Scargill in 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Have you noticed how all his fans are from London (apart from the odd stray idiot).

Actually most of his fans are in the “donut ring” around London – Bromley, Kingston, etc. He would never win mayoral elections if only the London postal districts were included.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Sure about that? He’s achieved a fair bit in this here Londinium…

Care to explain what, exactly? Other than get his chums in the media to big him up over projects such as the cycle hire scheme (was actually instigated under Ken Livingstone, nothing to do with Boris at all)?

Most of his stage managed bluster and posturing is bullshit anyway, the man has no genuine morals or integrity when it comes to the people of London. He’s only in it for the power and wealth.

How Boris failed London Cyclists

Still, while he has the backing of people like Viscount Rothermere, Rupert Murdoch and a former KGB agent, he can’t fail. A ‘man of the people’ indeed.

Yes he says some silly things but he IS a grafter IMO.

Of course he is. You don’t get to be that wealthy and powerful merely by being born into it, do you?

And let’s not mention ‘picanninines’ or ‘watermelon smiles’ eh?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Boris Johnsons Conference speech’ is closed to new replies.