Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Boring which phone Q
  • It's upgrade time – looking at a SE Satio for the 12mp camera.

The Blackberry Storm 2 also caught my eye.

What's the general feeling for the best phone in this sort of category?

Cheers

CountZero

The 12mp camera is not very good. You're better off staying around 5mp, because, just like all digital cameras, the more pixels you try to cram into a given space, the more digital 'noise' you get. Nikon know this, which is why their 24mp D300 is designed for studio use, where ISO settings are going to stay around 2-400, while the new D300s, which is 'only' 12mp, has an ISO of Up to 102400, with relatively small amounts of noise. My 2mp iPhone camera will probably produce cleaner photos in decent light than the SE's 12mp. Wired magazine tested it late last year, and were not impressed, except for it's music player, which they said was pretty good. Not much of a reason to buy it, really. There are better all-round phones out there.

Ok, cheers – so best phone in this category?

Not an i-phone, as I don't want to part with cash as well as my £35 pcm.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I'd stick my neck out and say anything over 5mp is pointless in a camera phone, where the tiny lense and inadequate processing technology in your typical handet makes any higher resolution CCD a complete waste of time.

Yeah, I'll accept that.

Any suggestions?

Samsung Jet, HTC Magic, Nokia N97 mini?

Grimy
    Free Member

You can use flickr to search for photos taken by various cameras, including phones. Perhaps have a look at the pictures the phones your looking at can produce using flickr and base your decision on that if the camera ability is one on of the things youll mainly concerned with. 🙂

It will be a business phone, so it's ability to take photo's on site needs to be matched by it's ability to actually work as a phone also.

Decent tinterweb browsing would be a bonus too.

momo

I know that it's an old phone now, but my old took great photos, and was also a very good phone. The camera on my iPhone 3gs is nowhere near as good.

Your old what?

momo

Oops, really should proof read before hitting the post button!

Old phone was N95 8Gig

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Boring which phone Q’ is closed to new replies.