Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Boring Travel adapter content…
  • bavariangaz
    Free Member

Anyone have any real life experience of worldwide travel adapters? Trying to find helpful advice through google is needle in a haystack content.
    Particularly helpful if they have USB ports!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

What are you connecting? I use a Plug Bug, which gives power from a single socket to a USB and to an iPad or MacBook charger.

TiRed

I take a 4/6 way extension block with a single standard plug adaptor. Vastly more practical. Teen2 took one with six plugs and six USB sockets to Peru. He was very popular!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I use one of these.
    https://www.lifeventure.com/products/accessories/usb-travel-adapter

Simple. Works.

Also have something like this in the bag, a conference freebie.

Useful for the US, and especially airport lounges where plug space is often at a premium, oddly!

nwmlarge
    Free Member

TiRed – Member
    I take a 4/6 way extension block with a single standard plug adaptor. Vastly more practical. Teen2 took one with six plugs and six USB sockets to Peru. He was very popular!

This.

I took a 4 way block with a single adaptor, job done.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Where are you travelling?

Worldwide I found doesn’t cover everything. For example, Italy has a lot of funny sockets that require a special Italy specific adapter. Though some places have euro sockets also, but many don’t.

USB sockets may not deliver enough juice for some gadgets. A 2A at least may be required for modern power hungry phones. In the case of some more powerful tablets etc it may require a dedicated charge (e.g. my Dell Venue Pro will charge via standard USB but it will take days. Dedicated charger is a 24W job and takes hour or two).

Flaperon
    bavariangaz
    Free Member

Looking for use for pretty much everything. Hairdryer for the girlfriend, charging of tablets/laptop etc.
    Travelling to Bali, Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada.
    Have looked at the skross ones which seem to be the stand out choice so far.
    Thanks!!

Flaperon

You need a Skross Pro one to use hairdryers etc with it, otherwise you just blow the diddy fuse inside.

5lab

the trouble with those larger blocks is that smaller plugs aren’t supported in the wall by them (particularly the USA) and they fall out. Single, purpose-built adapter per market, plus a 4-way adapter as mentioned above. I got one of these http://www.screwfix.com/p/masterplug-4-gang-surge-protected-extension-lead-2-x-2-1a-usb-charger-1m/5427G

to save luggage space (and be able to get the phone/whatever nearer your bed/tv/whatever)

deadkenny
    Free Member

^^^ yes, big bulky adapters are a problem with weak sockets and worse in hotels that don’t provide easy access to sockets or have one socket tucked away in a tiny space behind furniture (involving unplugging a lamp to use it).

p.s. on socket types…

https://www.skyscanner.net/news/international-travel-plug-adapter-guide

allthegear
    Free Member

The normal euro plugs will fit in the Italian sockets, with a little “persuasion “ 😉

Rachel (currently using her usual four way adapter in Sofia)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Boring Travel adapter content…’ is closed to new replies.