Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Boring – Rev U-turn Dual Air Service Q's
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Hi all

Going round in circles here, fork is a 2011 Rev – U-turn Dual air (blackbox)

Need to perform a service on the air spring as it seems positive pressure is leaking into negative (pump up positive and air comes out of negative valve when pressed shortly after) and making the ride too soft after a while on the bike.

The only guide I can see is https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/1j0C-YHPEPcN934SsecrStnZtxou5eq_mQmlZAJSDKc/mtime:1372788169/sites/default/files/techdocs/2011-revelation-technical-manual.pdf But it is obviously not U-turn specific, Is there a specific booklet that I am missing?

I also need to service the damper side as there is no lockout effect despite an oil change in that side.

Would this pack do the job?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rock-Shox-Revelation-Service-Kit-Dual-Air-10-11-/321497262214?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4adabae886

Any pointers massively appreciated

scandal42
    Free Member

Bump for the morning Coffee brigade

scandal42
    Free Member

Another bump for the non football watching late lunch brigade…… 🙁

robhughes
    Free Member

This kit is ONLY compatible with Rock Shox Revelation Dual Air / Motion Control forks from 2010 – 2011. All other years / models of Revelation will require a different kit.

Nope not the kit you need.

Northwind

FWIW mine had a similiar defect, it couldn’t be fixed with just a service- I forget the exact details, part of the air spring was damaged meaning that even with new seals it leaked.

scandal42
    Free Member

Great news, looks like I’m **** then 🙁

Northwind

Not necessarily, just a kind of “be aware”.

scandal42
    Free Member

Were your forks actually usable?

I can ride them no problem but there is definite air loss.

Northwind

Yeah, they sucked down over time but were basically usable.

scandal42
    Free Member

Looks like I may have to look at a conversion, I don’t really see the point in buying all of the service stuff if there is potential for further issues.

I have been toying with the idea of a coil conversion as I have had issues with every single air fork I have ever owned.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

That’s the wrong manual, I’ve got the same fork and stripped it a while back following the manual step by step. I’ve got it stored somewhere so will have a look for it and upload it to Dropbox for you if I can find it.

Be warned though there is a variant of the fork that’s slightly different internally to the manual ( mine was like that) there are a couple of threads on here about it.

dannyh
    Free Member

Use the air lost from your inevitable tubeless mid-ride drama to top up the fork?

Apologies, on second bottle of San Miguel and couldn’t resist.

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers dvatcmark

And sod off Danny, my 12% Belgian beer wins 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Still a bit touchy about the other night?

I thought you’d be a happy bunny as City won two-spit at stoke I think?

Northwind

I think if I was you, I’d get them looked at by a pro, to avoid possibly throwing good money after bad, but also to avoid maybe giving up on a perfectly good thing if it just needs a service. Though i’ve been tempted to coil mine too, I measured up weights and it only adds about 150g I think.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I’ve remembered now, It’s the 2010 technical manual you need. RS dropped u turn in 2011 but it seems there was a bit of a cross over as they still seemed to sell uturns for a bit in 2011

https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/tm_my102.pdf

My fork is a bit different to this manual as the choke has holes in it so the assembly steps don’t work correctly as i can’t pressurise the air assembly until it’s back in the stanction.

As mines a 2011 fork too as I wonder if there was a final variant of the design before they dropped it and never bothered to release a service manual. I’ve asked around including SRAM tech services and it seems my fork doesn’t exist .

Maybe loco well see this and know better, so it’ll be interesting what you find inside your fork.

By the way my fork also leaks air for pos to neg slowerly so after each ride it needs to be re pressurised.

scandal42
    Free Member

Thanks for that Mark

I’ll take a look tomorrow over a brew. I have to put a stupid amount of air in the positive (120) compared to the negative (80) to make it rideable at the moment.

Thanks everyone, apart from Danny.

dannyh
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, apart from Danny.

No problem. I’ll just keep everyone else entertained whilst you get up to the elbows in Stan’s jizz. It’s the way I tell ’em.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Boring – Rev U-turn Dual Air Service Q's’ is closed to new replies.