Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Boring question…whats the best internet browser?
  • holster
    Free Member

I have been using Opera for a while now on my laptop, and I like the speed dial page, and the shortcuts, but I am increasingly finding that some websites aren’t compatible with it, and I often have trouble printing webpages from it.

…So does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative?

DezB
    Free Member

Chrome (boring answer to a boring question 🙂 )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Chrome.

miketually
    Free Member

Chrome

justatheory
    Free Member

The one you’re familiar with.

Moses

Firefox

miketually
    Free Member

To expand: minimal and keeps out of my way, but doing lots of synchronisation between devices (I use my phone, a laptop at home and five different desktops at work) and with useful plug-ins running in the background. Plus, Google web apps/services are optimised for it and I use them a lot.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It’s so simple to try a new browser. Chrome, Safari, Firefox… just instal and use for a week or so and see which you get on ‘best’ with.

Pook

Internet explorer.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Chrome.

wwaswas

Firefox.

IE isn’t that bad as a developers tool now, it has to be said.

DezB
    Free Member

… plus everything is saved to your google account. So set up a new machine and you get all your bookmarks automagically 🙂
    And doesn’t do that annoying updating thing that Firefox does every few days.

holster
    Free Member

Seems like Chrome has the vote… I have an Android phone, and didnt realise you could synch the browser, so thats useful. cheers! 😆

Bimbler
    Free Member

Firefox/Pale Moon

thepurist

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Safari

Or, to qualify this, if you have a Mac and a trackpad, browsing on Safari is so much quicker/easier/nicer than even my pre-Mac favourite Chrome. My only current experience of IE 10 is on my work laptop and it’s a miserable experience.

mogrim

Generally use Chrome as it syncs nicely with my Ubuntu home PC, work Windows 7 machine, my Android phone and tablet. But it does crash a fair bit, particularly on Windows when being woken up after hibernation.

Might have to try Firefox as a main browser for a while.

IE’s fine, despite its past reputation.

scotroutes

Chrome – and this extension

somouk
    Free Member

Chrome is my browser of choice because of all the syncing and it appears to be the quickest overall.

I do use every other type of browser for work and if anything firefox seems a bit bloaty and slow loading these days much like safari and IE.

kayak23

Chrome on Laptop/PC, Dolphin on mobile/tablet.

z1ppy

I had the misfortune to use a computer with IE on yesterday for the 1st time in ages, it was so annoyingly clunky I gave up and installed chrome, so it would play nice.

I was never an IE hater, but converted to chrome when IE started using lots of resources on a unpowered computer I owned. Much much better overall & lots of useful options like easy AD blocking :mrgreen: [LOL @ STW filter]
    (which you may or may not be able to do on IE, I’ve never bothered looking)

kiwijohn

Iron.
    Basically Chrome without Google looking over you shoulder.

DezB
    Free Member

So, Chrome but wearing a tinfoil hat?

peachos
    Free Member

Chrome is ace. really love it when you’ve been browsing on your laptop/desktop and it automatically appears as a ‘recently browsed’ on the phone. or even better when it is a location and i don’t need to search for it again when i open up maps to navigate there (so good in the car in a rush!)

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Pirate Browser

schnor
    Free Member

Opera! I also use Opera Next (uses the new Blink engine) for the occasional website that doesnt render / print properly.

mangatank
    Free Member

Opera! Blimey you Outsider you 😉

Firefox seems to have the least overall issues, and the new Safari in iOS 7 is a vast improvement. I’m not a massive fan of Chrome, but I’m using it right now, so I guess that says it all really. IE is still bollocks.

Cletus

I use both Firefox and Chrome at the same time.

I have my work email and any web management GUIs in Firefox and use Chrome for looking at documentation, Gmail/Drive and general goofing.

Probably really inefficient but it works for me.

jfletch
    Free Member

Its like nobody at Microsoft has ever used the Chrome omnibar since their effort is so shit. The browser is OK other than this but since it is thing most noticeable thing about any browser it renders it crap.

jimmy

I don’t get it. They all seem the same to me.

john_drummer
    Free Member

right now I’m using Safari. I switch between this & Firefox whenever one of them brings out some new features. like moving the “frequently visited” tab from the main toolbar to being buried three clicks deep. Or like having to type in my user ID & password every time I visit http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum

wallop

For balance, Chrome really seemed to mess up my laptop – connection would continually drop – so I stick with Firefox.

Stoner
    Free Member

Chrome
    Chrome
    Chrome

all day every day.
    Love it.
    It makes even more sense if you live in Google world.
    And of course since Im typing this on a Chromebook I have no choice. But if I did, Id still pick Chrome.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Seamonkey!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Firefox seems to really resource hungry these days. Chrome I might have another play with. IE I use for Microsoft dynamics crm, it’s ok.

yunki
    Free Member

Chrome

oldnpastit

This is all you need:

netcat singletrackworld.com 80
    GET /forum/ HTTP/1.1
    Host: singletrackworld.com

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Boring question…whats the best internet browser?’ is closed to new replies.